Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

My intake of fruit per day varies from 2 pieces of fruit to 5 pieces a day. I usualy consume banannas, blueberries, kiwis, strawberries, pears and apples.

My question is; does it really matter what fruit I consume in regards to my skin? Are there known fruits which can improve the condition of the skin?

Thanks.

eat less of banana, mango and papaya. they're listed among inflammation causing foods. they spike blood sugar more easily.

berries are great. they're loaded with antioxidants.

apples and pears are cleansing fruits.

All fruits are cleansing, just as all green vegetables are cleansing.

How much a certain fruit spikes blood sugar is irrelevent if you combine your fruit with fat and protein (nuts).

With that said, berries are by far the best fruits for your skin because of all the antioxidants.

But just the fact that you're eating fruits in place of unhealthy foods means your being good to your skin and body.

i heard that avocado's, were extremely good for the skin, also if applied topically. Apples also. But i think eating fruits in general, is a great benefit inside and out.

Well, I guess it depends on what you want to achieve. For best digestion fruits should be eaten alone, but you're afraid to spike up your blood sugar level then throw in some nuts. There's a theory for everything it seems...

i am eating an apple as we speak.

anything wrong anyway by eating the entire apple?? the stem and core too? finishing those up now

i am eating an apple as we speak.

anything wrong anyway by eating the entire apple?? the stem and core too? finishing those up now

sometimes i throw in everythin into the blender except the seeds

Just dont eat the Apple seeds, they contain trace amounts of the toxin Cyanide.

One or two wont harm you though.

I find Kiwis, Strawberries, Pomegranites and Apples the best, theyre the ones I eat every day, combined with 1 cucumber and a bell pepper.

-Rob

I read that

to get the maximum power of fruit, eat it at the right time.

When do you eat the fruits?

We are suggested to consume fruit in empty stomach before main meal.

I eat an apple every afternoon 12pm.

And, fruits (kiwi, orange) 9pm after my dinner at 730pm. yeah, this is not right. I should eat them before 730pm, i.e. 6pm.

Apples are the best. In ancient Egypt, Cleopatra ate an apple each day before going to sleep to achieve great skin and healthy life

Just dont eat the Apple seeds, they contain trace amounts of the toxin Cyanide.

One or two wont harm you though.

I find Kiwis, Strawberries, Pomegranites and Apples the best, theyre the ones I eat every day, combined with 1 cucumber and a bell pepper.

-Rob

ok ill quit on the seeds, i just ate everything cuz i was always: A) hungry, B) lazy to throw the core away, C) more good tasting apple, stem is crunchy

Vitamin E? is the primary vitamin for skin health if I recall correctly.

Uhhh... I think I remember hearing that Papaya has E in it... Im sure some other's do too... just google Vitamin E and fruit.

All fruits are cleansing, just as all green vegetables are cleansing.

How much a certain fruit spikes blood sugar is irrelevent if you combine your fruit with fat and protein (nuts).

With that said, berries are by far the best fruits for your skin because of all the antioxidants.

But just the fact that you're eating fruits in place of unhealthy foods means your being good to your skin and body.

well said. i eat A LOT of fruits and I STAY clear. in an average day I eat 6 bananas, 3 apples, half a box of raisins. no problem with that. but throw in some candies, cakes, ice cream... i bet on it i'll have a pimple.

I read that

And, fruits (kiwi, orange) 9pm after my dinner at 730pm. yeah, this is not right. I should eat them before 730pm, i.e. 6pm.

I have heard that fruits should be eaten alone because they digest very quickly and other foods will cause it to stay in the stomach and ferment.. :think:

I read that

I have heard that fruits should be eaten alone because they digest very quickly and other foods will cause it to stay in the stomach and ferment.. :think:

Jen - that was how I was when I had bad digestion and couldn't handle a whole lot. Fruits were eaten with other fruits only.

But now I make a nice smoothie with fruits, greens, soy milk, and eat some nuts too. No problems at all. I now think fruits are better eaten with fat and protein to slow down the sugar absorbsion and balance out the meal. So keep taking that Triphala if your digestion still sucks!