Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcat

Starting the CSR after being on roaccutane

Hi,

I have a light form of acne but i would be very pleases to finally get ride of it. If have been 6 months on a very low dosis of roaccutane (20 mg per week), and 3,5 months ago i decided to stop with it because i was afraid of the side effects. Now i wonder if the are any special things i should be aware of starting the CSR as ex-roaccuntane user?

Because the notice says something about not using chemical skin removing products 6 months after stopping with the roaccutane cure.

You should probably check with your derm on this, but I've seen several people who start topicals right after they quit Accutane, as a preventative. Mostly Retin-A is prescribed these days to follow an Accutane course. But just to be on the safe side, why not put in a call to your derm and ask if it is okay now to use some benzoyl peroxide.

Did some people used Benzoyl Peroxide after being on roaccutane?

Feedback would be appreciate.

i have been on tane twice, the 1st time for 4 months and the second 3 on a very low dosage. I dont think the derm will give me 6 months on full dosage because my acne is not severe. but it has come back both times, the 1st time it took a year and the second a few months. both times i started using diffren when it came back it did a good job but then the spots i got from using diffren were massive so i mooved on to bp and b5....