Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakNpink

Antidepressants breaking me out?

Ok well a long story short I have Bipolar disorder, OCD, Insomnia and a million other things that I half to take medications for. I am currently taking Seroquel, lamictal, trazodone and Ambien not to mention I have been switched back in forth to about 18 medications in the last 6 months. Around the time my acne has gotten much worse. I also am up for 2-3 days at a time most weeks which is not good for anything. Is anyone on depressants and have had their acne get much worse?

Ok well a long story short I have Bipolar disorder, OCD, Insomnia and a million other things that I half to take medications for. I am currently taking Seroquel, lamictal, trazodone and Ambien not to mention I have been switched back in forth to about 18 medications in the last 6 months. Around the time my acne has gotten much worse. I also am up for 2-3 days at a time most weeks which is not good for anything. Is anyone on depressants and have had their acne get much worse?

Hi

sorry tp hear you have a rough time what with one thing and another. im guessing acne isnt helping. i could have got this wrong coz i cant quite remember where i got it from but some meds for bipolar contain lithium i tihnk which can aggravate acne. im on anti depressants too but they're pretty mild and so far (touch wood) i dont think its made much difference to my acne. ive only been on them 3 weeks tho & i started a new course of antibiotics around the same time.

Hi there,

I suffer from insomnia and was on ambien for about 6 months or so. During that time my acne did get worse. I was also constantly under stress though from not sleeping well and my anxiety got really bad so that could have been it as well. I was eventually given ativan (an anti-anxiety drug) and I always seemed to break out 1-2 days after taking it. I've read that barbiturates and lithium are known to trigger acne.

Hi there,

I suffer from insomnia and was on ambien for about 6 months or so. During that time my acne did get worse. I was also constantly under stress though from not sleeping well and my anxiety got really bad so that could have been it as well. I was eventually given ativan (an anti-anxiety drug) and I always seemed to break out 1-2 days after taking it. I've read that barbiturates and lithium are known to trigger acne.

I've read that barbiturates and lithium are known to trigger acne.

Damn, is that right? I take those buggers recreationally, usually in higher doses. I mean, I could have a script for it because I need them, but I don't waste my time with those types of doctors.

Maybe I should stop doing that.