Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

With severe acne,I realise i look older than my counterparts I have tried most of the over-the -counter products you could possibly imagine (BP,salicylic acid,clearasil,acne -clear,tea-tree,blackmore) and prescribed products such as differin, stieve-a as well as medication such as accutane and doxycycline. And not to leave out apple vinegar and baking soda. I dont take food high in salt or fat level. My face is simply oily

In fact , i know all the names and functions of the acne medication.I dont get by a day without having a new pimple poping out some where. :wall: Its pretty horrifying. I have not been applying any products or using an regimen to clear my acne as I have given up much hopes of treating the acne.I feel so inferior and i hate myself for the way i look. My friends once commented that my complexion resembles that of a pizza , with those red marks and cysts resembling the pepperoni found on pizza. I am really envious of my counteparts who have smooth,flawless and clear complexion. I dont know, i feel that i look visibly older with acne and scars.My skin has lost its radiance .Its droopy.

Now, what should I do now ? The most powerful medication , Accutane, has failed to work on my acne.They are out to make me pock-marked...i cant imagine myself looking like that. Anyone who has failed on Accutane but has obtained success with other medication treatment please help? My acne is worsening.

btw, could acne breakout be a result of skin sensitivity to facial hair removal wax creams?

btw, could acne breakout be a result of skin sensitivity to facial hair removal wax creams?

I'm sure it doesnt help.

If you have tryed everything and nothing works maybe you should give the "dip" regimen a try, the link is in my sig, it is very basic but has helped out alot of people including me. All you need is a sink and some hot water.

my pores and scars make me look older too

on acnetrex isotretinoin, 10mg/day (6th month)|| 4 cups green smoothies a day or every other day || healthy diet following kiesen's & other's principles || vitamin C from 1/2-1 lime/green lemon juice diluted in a glass/cup of water || vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol) 400 IU with yeast-free selenium 100 mcg and lecithin from soy 1600 mg (2x/day) ||optima omega: marine lipid concentrate 1100 mg, omega 3 EPA 150 mg, DHA 100 mg, other omega 3 fatty acids 50 mg, and deodorized garlic oil 1 mg (2x/day) || soy lecithin granules 1 tablespoon || calcium 1000 mg with magnesium (from magnesium oxide, chelate) 25 mg, zinc (from zinc oxide chelate) 25 mg, vitamin D3 (as choecalciferol) 200 IU, betaine HCI 100 mg, and glutamic acid HCI 100 mg || bee pollen 500 mg (2x/day) || skin-hair-and-nail supplements (from my derm) || moojamba's hot water method (no cleansers/soap/medicated topicals unless there's cosmetics to remove)

Hmm, is that your regimen or the composition of an atomic bomb? You are crazy if you use all that stuff daily, holy crap.

I take, 1200mg of Omega 3, and eat fruits and drink water, and before I sleep I exfoliate and put on some SA. That is insaaaane, how do you have time to do anything else with that regimen and cooking your meals, ect.?

Also for the original poster you could try light therapy.

With severe acne,I realise i look older than my counterparts I have tried most of the over-the -counter products you could possibly imagine (BP,salicylic acid,clearasil,acne -clear,tea-tree,blackmore) and prescribed products such as differin, stieve-a as well as medication such as accutane and doxycycline. And not to leave out apple vinegar and baking soda. I dont take food high in salt or fat level. My face is simply oily

In fact , i know all the names and functions of the acne medication.I dont get by a day without having a new pimple poping out some where. :wall: Its pretty horrifying. I have not been applying any products or using an regimen to clear my acne as I have given up much hopes of treating the acne.I feel so inferior and i hate myself for the way i look. My friends once commented that my complexion resembles that of a pizza , with those red marks and cysts resembling the pepperoni found on pizza. I am really envious of my counteparts who have smooth,flawless and clear complexion. I dont know, i feel that i look visibly older with acne and scars.My skin has lost its radiance .Its droopy.

Now, what should I do now ? The most powerful medication , Accutane, has failed to work on my acne.They are out to make me pock-marked...i cant imagine myself looking like that. Anyone who has failed on Accutane but has obtained success with other medication treatment please help? My acne is worsening.

I know where you are coming from.....my skin looks extremely old. My skin also really seems to be drooping...and I have large, scared pores and just a terrible complexion. Anyways, I'm sorry I can't really help...just wanted you to know that I know how you feel!

my pores and scars make me look older too

on acnetrex isotretinoin, 10mg/day (6th month)|| 4 cups green smoothies a day or every other day || healthy diet following kiesen's & other's principles || vitamin C from 1/2-1 lime/green lemon juice diluted in a glass/cup of water || vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol) 400 IU with yeast-free selenium 100 mcg and lecithin from soy 1600 mg (2x/day) ||optima omega: marine lipid concentrate 1100 mg, omega 3 EPA 150 mg, DHA 100 mg, other omega 3 fatty acids 50 mg, and deodorized garlic oil 1 mg (2x/day) || soy lecithin granules 1 tablespoon || calcium 1000 mg with magnesium (from magnesium oxide, chelate) 25 mg, zinc (from zinc oxide chelate) 25 mg, vitamin D3 (as choecalciferol) 200 IU, betaine HCI 100 mg, and glutamic acid HCI 100 mg || bee pollen 500 mg (2x/day) || skin-hair-and-nail supplements (from my derm) || moojamba's hot water method (no cleansers/soap/medicated topicals unless there's cosmetics to remove)

Hmm, is that your regimen or the composition of an atomic bomb? You are crazy if you use all that stuff daily, holy crap.

I take, 1200mg of Omega 3, and eat fruits and drink water, and before I sleep I exfoliate and put on some SA. That is insaaaane, how do you have time to do anything else with that regimen and cooking your meals, ect.?

yeah its my regimen til now. but my diet's pretty screwed up now. those supplements are in capsules and tablets, some are combined in one. well im supposed to be workin only on thesis this term that's why i can stay that long in the bathroom doing moojamba's hot water dip and makin my meals and green smoothies (actually i havent been makin these healthy meals and smoothies these past few days/weeks).