Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rose_1

topicals whilst on tane?

Which topicals r u allowed to use while on tane?

I heard u cant use any sort of cream bcoz tane does the job anyway but then i thought how do u deal with new zits popping up? I cant just stare at it and do nothing till it goes away...so is there anything u could do/use to get rid of em?

I used my topicals for the first 3-4 weeks on tane... Duac in the morning and Tazorac at night. I stopped once I noticed I was becoming a bit dry. I also get weekly oxygen facials, so I'm having any new pimples extracted on a regular basis. It really helps and my face has been quite clear through Accutane treatment (I'm on week six). Since I've stopped using the topicals, I now use Oxygen cream in the morning and a higher concentration of it at night. It keeps my skin moist, but also works to control breakouts.

Which topicals r u allowed to use while on tane?

I heard u cant use any sort of cream bcoz tane does the job anyway but then i thought how do u deal with new zits popping up? I cant just stare at it and do nothing till it goes away...so is there anything u could do/use to get rid of em?

I used 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for 2 weeks then had to quit because I was getting irritated.

I still pop. Can't help it. I scar whether I pop or not.

Platinum

I used 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for 2 weeks then had to quit because I was getting irritated.

Platinum

Is that normal?? I feel just like you! I find that when I don't pop, it takes longer to go away and then leaves a nasty scar anyway! thats when i don't touch it! so not fair...

Platinum

Is that normal?? I feel just like you! I find that when I don't pop, it takes longer to go away and then leaves a nasty scar anyway! thats when i don't touch it! so not fair...

The only ones I don't touch are the deep cysts. But the ones that I can see white when I stretch the skin taught, I stick a lancet (those disposable needles for pricking fingers that diabetics use) into just to see if I can get any puss out. Make sure your face and hands are VERY clean. You don't want to introduce surface bacteria into it.

im using 5% bp while on tane.

This being my 3rd time has been the worst. 3 weeks in so far, and my face looks 200 times WORST than when i started the drug with 2 cysts.

i think ive had the same zits for like 2 months now

i been applying lots of BP too, i tried not applying it and they just likke chill on my face, so now i gave up and started using proactiv face wash at night (not washing it off, leaving it on) and its starting to go away i think

last week when i went to my derm he told me not to use ANY topicals and looked real pissed off at me, he said accutane IS my treatment ATM...

Then i told him i was pissed off because i look like crap and asked him if there was anything i could do and he replyed

"I'm not worried about it"

I was ready to strangle him, i wanted to be like, of course your not you dont look like i do :)

I've been using Bp 2.5% for about 1 and a half months. Until I started clearing up. Left with some red marks which I don't mind. I'm grateful just not to have a crater face. I love the smooth skin.. I haven't had any scars yet (I think). Hopefully with some more accutane pills and some more cortizone shots that this all ends well for me. :) I really suggest not using topicals during Accutane. I only wash my face with cold water and exfoliate once or twice a week with St. Ive's Apricot Scrub.

Then i told him i was pissed off because i look like crap and asked him if there was anything i could do and he replyed

"I'm not worried about it"

I was ready to strangle him, i wanted to be like, of course your not you dont look like i do :)

lol thats so true! they dont care how bad u look or wat the drugs r gona do to your body...they just sit there with their perfect skin telling u what to do...but then again we 'neeed' them so gota put up with it!

just another question....do derms say not to use topicals whilst on tane bcoz it does harm? or just coz they dont want us drying out too much?

If it doesnt do any harm then i dont see y we cant use it on active pimples....