Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InRepair

I wanna get that Emu oil but..

I don't know what to get, i'm on ebay but there is so many different kinds i don't know what i can use on my face or anything. I know people talk about 100 percent Emu oil so i am assuming that is what i need to get? I looked at those other sites but there so different and from other countries.

Any help? :|

Well, I used emu oil for about 2 months and it didn't do anything for my red marks. Maybe don't waste your money? I've had better luck with acv and neosporin that the emu oil.

I LOVE Emu Oil. You have to get 100% or Ultra Emu Oil. It should be white or pale yellow and creamy, not bright yellow...that tips you off to a not so good brand. I got mine from www.aubreynicole.com and I think they sell 2ox size and they have a sample size. I searched around looking for the best price and they were it. They also have a link to their eBay store where they sell it for a bit less, otherwise I wouldn't buy it off just anyone on eBay. If you get it from a legit website or salon and it's 100% from Australia, then you should be okay. I really like it b/c it's really moisturizing, calms my skin and won't clog pores or break me out and I have extremely sensitive, acne prone skin.

Good luck,

Karen

The EMU Oil at aubreynicole.com is 2oz versus the 1oz spray at Joppa, so the cost is pretty much the same. Wherever you get it from, as long as it's good quality, you'll love it.

So i orderd it *shrugs* i dunno i'll give it a shot and see if it works.

Now how am i suppose to use it with the regimen? am i suppose to put it on after the BP or after i moisturize? what? :confused:

i apply it right before bp and i dont let it dry all the way, because i have read that emu oil allows deeper penetration of bp. i dont know how true it is as i have only been using it for 2 weeks.

Australian emu oil is considered to be the best. Their birds are raised more freely and their emu oil is extracted with little to no chemicals compared to the North American equivalent.

Note, when using emu oil, you only need a very, very small amount. If your skin is oily, you've used too much. Also, if you've applied a strong AHA/BHA product, do not apply the emu oil on top of it as it will intensify the action of the acid and can damage the skin.

Ok so i got it, the way i am putting it on is, cleanser, BP, emu oil, then moisturize. but how long should i wait after putting on the oil should i put on moisturizer?, cause after i put on bp i usally wait 20 mintues for it to totally sink in, then i put on the oil then wait another 15-20 to make sure its sinking but, but now my face is just horribly dry for not putting on the moisturize right away. :doh:

OK how long i am going to have to use this before i see results :| i've been using it for a week and nothing is fading, i mean its not even getting better, i know it takes time but damn not even after a week does it do anything.

And my face is really dry now, it wasn't a big before before but now between this and the BP its drying my face out horrible. I'm useing that Aveeno moisturizer but i dunno, i may need something stronger now, any recommendations?

Well, I used emu oil for about 2 months and it didn't do anything for my red marks. Maybe don't waste your money? I've had better luck with acv and neosporin that the emu oil.

Neosporin for red marks? Does it work good?

yeah i have been meaning to ask about this neosporin method...what exactly do you do? and do you use just normal neosporin? i dont get it.

i had good results with this i used too put it on after cleansing my face rub it in gently wait for 90 seconds ( time it takes to penetrate deeply into skin) then wash it off with hot water pat dry then bp ect it helped me alot skin was never dry with it baby soft helped bp work better and i think it slightly faded a few of my red marks

i had good results with this i used too put it on after cleansing my face rub it in gently wait for 90 seconds ( time it takes to penetrate deeply into skin) then wash it off with hot water pat dry then bp ect it helped me alot skin was never dry with it baby soft helped bp work better and i think it slightly faded a few of my red marks

You washed off the emo oil then put on the BP? mmm..i should try that then.

What do you use for moisturizer if you use any?

I just bought some Emu Oil on Joppa.com .. I have bene wanting to try it for months and it was so incredibly cheap compared to everywhere else I have seen it. My skin gets really dry that is why I want to use it .. to keep my skin moisturized so I don't have to moisturize alll the time.