Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fudge! Alright, so I look in the mirror during my showers and my skin looks pretty much (to my standards) clear, and then I get out, do my thing (HP treatment) and it stills looks fairly decent. Then I come in to piss a half hour later and my red marks are 15X more defined, as are my active zits. FUCK.

It's the same when I don't do my topical regimen, too.

It's the worst f'ing tease in the world.

Anyone share my sentiments?

yeah it's very disillusioning. i will think my skin is looking great and then when i give myself a second look i realize i was stupid for thinking i had clear skin. :(

yeah it's very disillusioning. i will think my skin is looking great and then when i give myself a second look i realize i was stupid for thinking i had clear skin. :(

Exactly.

Ban showers! :lol:

i hate natural light. i look in the bathroom mirror and i think yay, everything looks pretty well covered up. then i look in natural light and i think WTF was i thinking! i look like crap! so yea, natural light sucks for me.

My skin looks worse during and after a shower, I think washing my face just brings out the redness but it calms down a while later after i put moisturizer on.

don't kill me if i'm wrong, but i think the red marks might fade in the shower cause your skin reddens from the hot water, also, after showering your skin has more moisture, not sure how that affects things, but maybe it does... who knows

yeah, I think that's the jist of it.

same with the "dip" thingy..

i usually look best right when i wake up. i wish i could just look like that all day, but as soon as i eat and walk in to take a shower, the moment is already gone.

My skin looks worse during and after a shower, I think washing my face just brings out the redness but it calms down a while later after i put moisturizer on.

ditto, my skin looks worse durin showers

I hear you there man its the exact same thing as me. I have some redmarks and after I take a shower they are noticable. I check back later and I could hardly tell some of the redmarks I had seen earlier.

i usually look best right when i wake up.

That's when I look the best as well...

same here!

I look back an hour later and I think "what the hell happened?" :wall:

I dunno, I look pretty shitty when i wake up. It's not just my skin that looks bad, it's my entire look. Once I have a shower and cleansed my face and whatnot it looks a lot better.

i hate natural light. i look in the bathroom mirror and i think yay, everything looks pretty well covered up. then i look in natural light and i think WTF was i thinking! i look like crap! so yea, natural light sucks for me.

You could do your makeup in natural light.

Car mirrors are the worst thing in the world.

Agreed!!

Guest Locked In Grace

Looking into a car mirror in natural light, that is probably the best way to ruin your day. My advice, ride a bike to work/school/uni.

I also look way better when I first wake up. Almost everyday I fool myself. I'll look in the mirror and say, "things look better today yaaaa!" Then 10 minutes later it's like oh my god what happened.

I notice that I also look better right after a bath or a shower. My whole face is red so pimples and red marks blend in with the rest of my skin.

my skin looks best when i get up coz the red marks dont seem so prominent! I got up bout a hour ago and jus had my shower. For the first time in a long while, i was able to look in the shower room mirror and for once, i didnt want to smash the mirror. My skin looked alrite for once. A lot of the red marks seemed faded apart frm a nasty mark near my chin. But once i had my shower, and saw my skin in the mirror, i was horrified...red marks red marks RED MARKS lol! I hate the shower effect....it really starts the day badly. I just hope people dont see my red makrs as bad as i see them! :cry:

totally agreed.

1) my skin looks its absolute best when i wake up in the morning.

looks pale, all one colour, looks normal.

thats got to be something to do with cause the bodys been resting and relaxed, whereas when youre active during the day, you have stress/anxiety/ from youre job, abd whatever else to contend with-plus all the daily stressers for youre skin-weather, etc.

2) my skin does look better after a shower than before. right after, it is pretty red, that normally calms down after 10 mins, and my skin seems fine.

I agree with the first poster in this topic. Every morning when I've woken up I look in the mirror and think "Hey, looking good" but then I look again after washing, shaving, etc. and it looks red again. Luckily, it's going better now BUT it changes every time. One time my skin is almost clear, the next month it's worser than ever. It's so frustrating!

Car mirrors are the worst thing in the world.

i totally agree. i'll get ready in the morning thinking "pretty even skin tone today". i'll drive to work and i just can't resist the urge to look in the rearview. "what the he11 is that? why are my cheeks do d/-\mn red?"