Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taylor138

Predisone question

I finally got my prescription for Accutane today and my doctor is starting me off at 40mg a day. He also gave me Predisone (30mg for 5 days, 20mg for next 5 days, and finally 10mg for the last 5 days), which I am a little concerned about. Apparently, this is for the initial breakout that I may have. But i've never had cystic acne in my life, do I really need to take this? I've read some of the side effects and it said facial swelling and weight gain can occur. Can this happen for short term use? I basically just want to know if it's necessary to take this and if I can avoid taking it without regreting it.

Adam

i would suggest taking it man the doc knows best accutane basically cleared up my whole face ..and now i just got some marks...

if u dont kno this already try limiting dairy like milk cheese yogurt and ice cream this helped me and hopefully u too Good luck

most side effects are with long term use. I love love love prednisone and nothing has ever made my skin look better. Just take it.

Prednisone is great! He gave it to you because it helps bring down the swelling of your cysts. I've been on it twice--once for cysts, and once after a laser treatment. There are only side effects if it's used long term. You have nothing to worry about.