Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rosiemarie

make-up and dry skin

so, i've ordered mineral foundation from joppa and now i am worried because i have dry skin and i dont want my foundation to accentuate this.

how do people deal with this? i thought the by getting the mineral powder it would be better for dry skin.

i dont want to switch moisturizers coz the one i have now doesnt make me break out.

I have dry patches on my skin and the makeup doesn't accentuate it at all. In fact once you put on the powder and let it settle for 30 minutes, it turns creamy and helps to moisturize your skin.

i use emu oil. i know it sounds scary cus it has the word oil in it, but it is the best moisturizing stuff ive ever used. i used to use it in combination with my moisturizer, but now i use only it--no moisturizer.

I have dry patches on my skin and the makeup doesn't accentuate it at all. In fact once you put on the powder and let it settle for 30 minutes, it turns creamy and helps to moisturize your skin.

hmm... this type of thing makes me worry about oil & shine. this very moment i'm so freaked out about my skin -- i'm wearing nothing but a teeny amount of gel moisturizer, plus a very thin layer of sunblock today (an oil-free "physical" block by clinique). no makeup at all, and i've already had to blot 2-3 times today, including just now, soaking about 3/4 of a blotter sheet. and i'm only talking chin area here. i know people have said in the past that joppa doesn't get shiny, but doesn't "creamy" kinda mean shiny, or at least a little slick for already-oily skin?

when trying out my new joppa stuff (haven't ordered the kit yet), i was planning on using the finishing silk first, as some have suggested, and also afterward, to combat the oil problem. but now i'm wondering if joppa may be too moisturizing for my slick face? :think:

Don't worry about oil and shine, it does turn creamy but it doesn't turn oily. It absorbs into your skin so you don't have that powdery look, but it doesn't produce oil. It just mixes with the moisture that's already in the skin.

If you really worry about oil and shine, applying the finishing silk first will definitely take care of that. And now that Amy is getting the refillable powder dispensing brush you can reapply the finishing silk as often as you want to keep the shine away. Ofcourse you'll have to fight me and Longshot for who gets to order the brush first.

hahahah... true, true. ok, we'll still give joppa a try. :) out of curiosity, any idea how many brushes she gets in at a time? also, spikeyli, i was wondering what your acne areas area? i think you said not around your mouth (i'm sooooo jealous!) or eyes (eyes are safe for me too), but which is most active? i guess that leaves cheeks? jawline?

Yup, you guessed it, cheeks are my problem areas. Especially right below the cheek bones where I normally apply blush. I get most of my pimples close to my hairline, and every couple of months I get the mother of all zits right on my temple.

i have VERY oily skin so i put finishing powder as a base, then foundation, and then finishing powder again. some days i forget to apply the finishing powder as a base and although i can tell the difference, i never look as oily as i have in normal makeup. and i typically reapply the finishing powder towards the end of the day if im going to go out (ex: if i come home from school and decide end up going to dinner, i reapply the finishing powder to absorb any oilyness my oily skin produced). i am actually surprised to hear that people with dry skin like mineral makeup. i find it absorbs my oils much better than most makeup, but i guess it must have some positive affect on dry skin as well.

my skin is often flaky, but still oily. emu oil solves the flakes but does not create excessive oil. i understand tho the fear that emu oil would make you look oily. i have contemplated its use for years and just recently tried it.

i have pretty dry skin, so, i just stick to tinted moisturizer. i use bobbi brown's tinted moisturizing balm, then powder over it, just like it's foundation. i don't get flakey at all anymore