Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madmuver

sa + bp treatment

i was wondering if ya'll were aware that stridex has a new product out called day and night . it contains a 2.0 salycic acid gel that is invisible which is used for the day, and the 2.5 bp lotion is applied at night to provide maximum acne protection. it has a 1.6 ounce total net. i was wondering if this would help the regimen since you are getting the best of both worlds all in on bottle.

The Stridex Day formula contains alcohol and witch hazel distillate which can be irritating and drying but the night formula is a good BP. I get my info. from Paula Begoun (cosmeticscop.com). Anyway, try a toner with SA.

I use: Phisoderm Deep Clean Cleanser Sens. Skin

Ultima II Vital Radiance Skn Renewing Ton. Norm/Dry(has 2%SA)

AM/Cetaphil Moisturizer Spf 15(paba free)

PM/Paulas Choice xtra strngth blemish solution(BP)

Paulas Choice Skin recovery moist. (if dry or flaky)

The SA in a toner helps to clean or unplug the pores and at night the BP acts as an anti-bacterial. The products i use do not contain harsh ingredients which can actually make your skin inflamed and or break out. The BP i use is the stronger of the two avail. in her line, but if you are using 2.5% she does offer a lesser strength to start out with and her prices are not very expensive. Good luck, and hope this helps.