Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sky2884

Help Please! WHAT IS THIS??

As you can see im a brown skin person , what is this i have this on both sides of my face, under my chin area and a little on my neck.

What is it and what can i do to clear it up? :(

IPB Image

IPB Image

looks like cysts + papules + milia + scars

since when did you have those? do you shave?

looks like you need to see a derm. are u currently using any topical med for that?

looks like cysts + papules + milia + scars

since when did you have those? do you shave?

looks like you need to see a derm. are u currently using any topical med for that?

i had it for a month now it would be on and off, i was thinking of trying the CSR but wasnt sure if i should

ya i shave , alot in that area too

the shaving cream must be the culprit. how about eliminating that for a while? then get somethin hypoallergenic like this one http://www.vmvhypoallergenics.com/shopping...aving_Crme.html

in my opinion, it's best to seek a doctor's advice first.

but if you really think it's acne, then i guess it's ok to start with the CSR.

good luck. hope you clear up soon. :)

thanks for the link hopefully that will help, i had acne for awhile now, the front of my face is like 99% clear and looks great its just the one side of my face just wont clear up no matter what

was hoping for maybe some things i should try before visiting the derm again :|

that's great if you still have that clear spot. :)

and yeah. for a lot of reason, i do look for answers on my own before i go to the derm.

That doesn't look like acne at all. Looks like Pseudofolliculitis barbae (razor bumps). Many people of African descent (not sure what you are) have this problem because of the curly hairs that curl back into the skin.

Also, you mention it is only in the areas where you shave which makes perfect sense. CHeck out some links for it:

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_dise...lliculitis.html

Read up about it and maybe print out a few pages and take it with you to the Derm. Be an educated patient.

That doesn't look like acne at all. Looks like Pseudofolliculitis barbae (razor bumps). Many people of African descent (not sure what you are) have this problem because of the curly hairs that curl back into the skin.

Also, you mention it is only in the areas where you shave which makes perfect sense. CHeck out some links for it:

Read up about it and maybe print out a few pages and take it with you to the Derm. Be an educated patient.

hmmm that looks exactly like my problem!, thanks so much for the info..i was scared my acne was coming back lol :doh:

Exactly. I was scrolling down to post, and say the same thing.

I have to say that I haven't seen anything like that before.

I would definately go to your derm. first, see what he has to say.

Did you start shaving with something different in the last month, different razor, different cream, different way? Think back, if so, than that is your culprit.

yea go to your derm and perhaps you might need accutane for that. i notice a lot of cysts... you could try salycid acid...