Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowpea

Connection to shaving?

Is there a correlation acne and shaving? Looking now, the only places I break out are my sideburns and my chin...disturbing. I mean, I do it very gently and I always wash up! Too bad I can't grow a beard thick enough to act as a cover. Oh well.

Is there a correlation acne and shaving? Looking now, the only places I break out are my sideburns and my chin...disturbing. I mean, I do it very gently and I always wash up! Too bad I can't grow a beard thick enough to act as a cover. Oh well.

i have very few pimples in the area where i have a beard (jawline), but since using the regimen, i haven't seen any growing there. i don't think it has any correlation with beard; it just happens to grow there. however, i've noticed that the red marks there fade faster... is it because the shaving exfoliates the skin faster? does that mean i should shave my other red marks?

F49Z0R5!!! is right, i use an electric shaver, an expensive one (170 pounds, i got it as a present) and it works great. I find that if i make sure i shave regularly i get less spots! :-k

I also always have a shower after i shave, i think this helps.

Guest fatman_uk

I shave IN the shower... easier.

-Gaz

I find that it's nice to shave as much as possible anyways unless your going for the full beard look, because most people look stupid with a really light beard, like they havent shaved for a couple of days. There may or may not be a correlation. Couldnt hurt to do it once a day though.

I shave twice a day. I shave before I do the regimen, makes applying the products alot easier. And since I have electric the shaving takes 30-60 seconds anyway lol.

I'm not an expert or anything, but my guess is that it has something to do with the small hair follicles that are there. I have a pretty full beard, but on the upper half of my cheeks, right where the hair stops growing, i have lots of little hairs. This is where almost all of my acne is, i rarely get spots on my chin or jaw line, actually never. I think there is some correlation between the little thin hairs trying to grow that become ingrown for some reason, clogged pores maybe?, and cause pimples. If this is true the ingrown hairs are the cause of the acne, and i dont know if benzoyl peroxide really even would help if that was the cause. I really havent noticed any difference from using the regimen and not with my skin, but i've only been on it for about a month. It definetly does help inflamed pimples though, making them smaller and less noticable.

my 2 cents

I don't think ingrown hairs lead to acne. I was just htinking, because all my breakouts are on the jaw region, neck, chin, and the occasional upper lip! All the beard spots, ya' know? Seemed very suspicious. My facial hair grows slow though (I haven't shaved in weeks, and hardly anything ahs grown back, so I'm not worried about looking scruffy)

Guest fatman_uk
I shave IN the shower... easier.

-Gaz

biggrin.gif I tried that, I dropped my razor a few times and sliced my foot once #-o man did that hurt no end, worried I might slice something else on the way down :-# So I always shave before I shower.

if there is a coorelation with ingrown hair follicles and acne, then what do you guys think about using that hair growth spray that is on those infomercials? the one that you spray and you instantaniously grow hair there.

btw here's my story. i didnt start growing acne on my jawline until i started to shave there. i was shaving there to try to trigger hair growth there because i wanted to grow a beard. ever since then, my jawline, sideburns, area have been trouble areas for acne.

yes, it's a bitch. And don't even think about touching anything on an informercial. How do I say this? STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THINGS ON INFOMERCIALS!!! ](*,)