Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenaphile

New To This Regime, Former Proactiv User

I had great, even enviable skin until I was 21, then I started to break out horribly. My mom had sold Avon since 1980, so I was very informed about skincare, and meticulous about my face, even at a young age. I ordered Proactiv because I had no health insurance, and $39.95 plus $5.95 s/h per 60 days seemed affordable. Proactiv worked wonderfully for a year, then seemed to lose its effectiveness (probably I was slacking off on using it daily). Later, I went to the dermatologist and was put on Tetracycline and Tazorac cream, which initially cleared my skin, but it broke out again. So, anyway, ugh! Out of desperation I dug up some old bottles of Proactiv, and after three days I noticed my acne was clearing up. I'm convinced it's from the benzoyl peroxide. THEN I discovered this website, and I decided against re-ordering Proactiv and just buy the stuff at the drugstore. It's less expensive and far more handy to get the stuff at the store than through the mail. So, we'll see where this goes. I have a good feeling about it, though. I really appreciate Dan for creating this website.

*Just as a side note, while I agree that diet generally plays a minimal role in acne, last year I attempted the Atkins diet, and the during the whole 2 weeks I was on it (I couldn't last on that thing), my skin COMPLETELY became clear. Of course, in addition to all the protein, I was also drinking 10 glasses of water daily, taking a multi-vitamin and taking an amino-acid, so, who knows? Just thought it was interesting.