Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Actress

Hiperhydrosis and Acne? Hmmm...let's think about it!

Ok sooooo...maybe i'm totally off but I think not! I believe that I have hiperhydrosis, which is where you pretty much have a sweating problem. The thing is it's not allll the time, but just most of the time. It's sounds funny I know but heyyy it's true, I've always had clammy hands and more then ever before I've been sweating under my arms like crazy! I don't know why this is but MAYBE my perisistant and I mean PERSISTANT acne seem to be a result of this! Please anyone fill me in with any input! I mean isn 't acne originally inside of the sweat glands...soooooo yeah. ?????

thanks

I have hyperhydrosis, but not the sweating kind, I dont really sweat, instead i turn bright red.

I have hyperhydrosis, but not the sweating kind, I dont really sweat, instead i turn bright red.

Hey tdot!

How do you know you have hiperhydrosis, did you get tested? I get flushed too, OMG I haaaate it! Hmmm.. I really think there's something to do with that and our acne, I really do! My skin is also SUPER oily, and haha yes most people dont want to know, I'm sure, but heyyyy for the sake of an answer! I also used to get yeast infections regularly until I took a pill recently... anyhooo the point i'm getting to is that I think my body is really OFFFF and that I'm producing too much something???? (Oil on face and body and hair, acne, sweat, flushing, yeast issues) hmmm....

Guest been13years

My sister had medically diagnosed hyperhydrosis, and she has normal skin. She has the occasional breakout, but nothing like mine. I can see how it would be an aggravating factor if you already had acne for some other reason.

I also have hyperhydrosis, but I never thought that it had anything to do with acne. Hmmmm.. interesting.

BTW, if the sweating on your hands and underarms is so excessive that it is affecting you socially (mine did more so that acne ever did) I recommend you try Drysol. That product litterally changed my life and it is available without a prescription.

I also have hyperhydrosis, but I never thought that it had anything to do with acne. Hmmmm.. interesting.

BTW, if the sweating on your hands and underarms is so excessive that it is affecting you socially (mine did more so that acne ever did) I recommend you try Drysol. That product litterally changed my life and it is available without a prescription.

Hmmm...whats drysol and where can I buy it? :) Oh and hmm... I think that maybe I have too much male hormone in my system or something, but I've been checked for hyperthyroid problems and i'm clean, sooo WTF???? My body produces WAYYYYYY to much oil, it just can't be normal, even my hair gets oily in just ONE day! Anyone else experience this? My skin generally is oily, not just on my face.

Hey tdot!

How do you know you have hiperhydrosis, did you get tested? I get flushed too, OMG I haaaate it! Hmmm.. I really think there's something to do with that and our acne, I really do! My skin is also SUPER oily, and haha yes most people dont want to know, I'm sure, but heyyyy for the sake of an answer! I also used to get yeast infections regularly until I took a pill recently... anyhooo the point i'm getting to is that I think my body is really OFFFF and that I'm producing too much something???? (Oil on face and body and hair, acne, sweat, flushing, yeast issues) hmmm....

I dunno if it has anyting to do with acne, but it's embarrasing, I have yeast issues too! ugh! My skin naturally isnt very oily, but after I quit the CSR and my skin was trying to balance itslef, I was producing way too much oil. I turn red ALL the time lol, when I gte nervous= red, scared=red, embarrassed=red, anxious=red, caught off gaurd=red... LOL it SUX!! No just on my face though I get a blotchy chest and neck as well.

tdot, I think you are a bit confused. Hyperhydrosis is characterized by over active sweat glands, not by facial redness (or flushing). Redness in the face can be caused by high blood pressure, or probably more commonly, at least among the memebers on this board, by rosacea. If the duration of the flushing persists longer and longer each attack, i.e. it's degenerative, and it stings and causes discomfort, then it is probably rosacea.

I was blessed with both hyperhydrosis and rosacea, and have been diagnosed with both by my derm. To answer the question, is there a connection between hyperhydrosis and acne? Yes, there most certainly is. that is, if it's facial hyperhydrosis at least (this is what I have). The reason why the two are connected is because when you sweat your body releases toxins, and if thoses toxins remain on your face for a while, then the they will cause acne. Now you may say, "why don't you just wash your face after you sweat." Well, it's kind of hard when you sweat out of your face throughout the entire day. And also, over washing causes over drying, as we all know.

So, how do we treat this misserable condition. Well, the program I am going to be starting should target all of these areas. First, Botox is the only way to treat facial hyperhydrosis, so that's on the list (side note, if you live in canada it's covered, with the exception of the injection fee, which is like two hundred dollars). Second, I am going to get pulsed light treatments at different wave lengths to target my flushing and acne issues also.

I hope this helps,

John

tdot, I think you are a bit confused. Hyperhydrosis is characterized by over active sweat glands, not by facial redness (or flushing). Redness in the face can be caused by high blood pressure, or probably more commonly, at least among the memebers on this board, by rosacea. If the duration of the flushing persists longer and longer each attack, i.e. it's degenerative, and it stings and causes discomfort, then it is probably rosacea.

I was blessed with both hyperhydrosis and rosacea, and have been diagnosed with both by my derm. To answer the question, is there a connection between hyperhydrosis and acne? Yes, there most certainly is. that is, if it's facial hyperhydrosis at least (this is what I have). The reason why the two are connected is because when you sweat your body releases toxins, and if thoses toxins remain on your face for a while, then the they will cause acne. Now you may say, "why don't you just wash your face after you sweat." Well, it's kind of hard when you sweat out of your face throughout the entire day. And also, over washing causes over drying, as we all know.

So, how do we treat this misserable condition. Well, the program I am going to be starting should target all of these areas. First, Botox is the only way to treat facial hyperhydrosis, so that's on the list (side note, if you live in canada it's covered, with the exception of the injection fee, which is like two hundred dollars). Second, I am going to get pulsed light treatments at different wave lengths to target my flushing and acne issues also.

I hope this helps,

John

Well I disagree, I've seen a couple of websites that explain facial flushing is a part of hiperhydrosis! So i dunno about that one... but about the lasers and botox, uhh the botox sounds a little scary, I kind of NEED my facial expressions with my acting thing, and about the lasers, I don't want to discourage anyone but I've done ALOT of lasers, like over 12,000 effin lasers and NOTHING.

OH and OMGGGGG! Tdot!!!! I get the SAME thing TOTALLLLLY the same, when I was younger I'd just get ya know cute little blushing cheeks, HAAAAH well it's not like that anymore dammmmit I also get red spots on my chest and neck it's HOOOORIBILE, especially with what I do, I tend to wear shirts that cover my chest or turtle necks when doing monologues or something that I'm nervous about! I even went to a hypnotherapist today to talk about curing it that way! OMG! hmm...we must work together to get to the bottom of this BIATCH bullshnizzel haha There's an operation that you can do to cure it too ya know(hyperhydrosis)

Have you looked it up on the internet?

I hope this helps,

John

Well I disagree, I've seen a couple of websites that explain facial flushing is a part of hiperhydrosis! So i dunno about that one... but about the lasers and botox, uhh the botox sounds a little scary, I kind of NEED my facial expressions with my acting thing, and about the lasers, I don't want to discourage anyone but I've done ALOT of lasers, like over 12,000 effin lasers and NOTHING.

OH and OMGGGGG! Tdot!!!! I get the SAME thing TOTALLLLLY the same, when I was younger I'd just get ya know cute little blushing cheeks, HAAAAH well it's not like that anymore dammmmit I also get red spots on my chest and neck it's HOOOORIBILE, especially with what I do, I tend to wear shirts that cover my chest or turtle necks when doing monologues or something that I'm nervous about! I even went to a hypnotherapist today to talk about curing it that way! OMG! hmm...we must work together to get to the bottom of this BIATCH bullshnizzel haha There's an operation that you can do to cure it too ya know(hyperhydrosis)

Have you looked it up on the internet?

ALSO I think and my hypnotherapist (don't ask) thinks that I may be hyperglycemic or hypoglycemic, which actually is well known for causing acne, plus I have a MEAN sweet tooth, anyone else thought about this? Sugar intollerance or skin diabetes lol causes lot's of strange symptoms, one being hyperhydrosis symptoms etc. hmmm.... errrrrr so much research left to do, jeeez I wish I got paid for my research and time put into all of this, I'd be RICH! haha

John, what I have is classified as hyperhydrosis, I have looked it up on the internet. Both sweating and facial redness, are hyperhydrosis. Yeah when I was young I didnt really blush, but when I got into my teens I started getting botchy red spots all over me when I would get a certain emotion. At frist I thought I had a rash, but my mother has the same thing I do so I figured it out after she told me what she had. Yes I know there is a surgery for it, they go into your chest and cut some t4 t3 thing LOL, I dont remmebr excatly, but it's very costly, and can be dangerous. Right now I am just concentrating on getting rid of this damn acne!! The funny thing is that I barely sweat, I just turn red, it's like my body's way of releasing heat or something.

John, what I have is classified as hyperhydrosis, I have looked it up on the internet. Both sweating and facial redness, are hyperhydrosis. Yeah when I was young I didnt really blush, but when I got into my teens I started getting botchy red spots all over me when I would get a certain emotion. At frist I thought I had a rash, but my mother has the same thing I do so I figured it out after she told me what she had. Yes I know there is a surgery for it, they go into your chest and cut some t4 t3 thing LOL, I dont remmebr excatly, but it's very costly, and can be dangerous. Right now I am just concentrating on getting rid of this damn acne!! The funny thing is that I barely sweat, I just turn red, it's like my body's way of releasing heat or something.

Actually it's said that now many insurances cover this procedure and it's now done through the armpit so NO scars, i'm an actress(hence the name) so this procedure just might be worth it for me because, uhhh it's ridiculous, I don't know how much more I can take dammit! and hmmmm where do I get certain dry?

Actually it's said that now many insurances cover this procedure and it's now done through the armpit so NO scars, i'm an actress(hence the name) so this procedure just might be worth it for me because, uhhh it's ridiculous, I don't know how much more I can take dammit! and hmmmm where do I get certain dry?

Certain Dry, Maxim, Drysol are all really strong deodorants that treat hyperhydrosis. Of those I've found Drysol to be the strongest (but it burns pretty badly). If you don't have it too bad you could start out with Certain Dry or Maxim... neither of those really worked 100% for me though. I buy them over the counter at the pharmacy... you have to ask for them, they are not on the shelf with the regular deodorants (at least they are not here in Canada)

I would try these before you opt for surgery.

First off, although redness can be accompanied along with hyperhydrosis, as I know full well, the latter can occur without the former and not vice-versa. Hyperhydrosis is characterized by over-active sweat glands, and there is no reputable doctor who would ever treat you for it if you don't sweat excessively (extra emphasis to be placed on excessively). A helpful link is sweatmanagemeant.ca; it should answer most, if not all, of your questions. And I have never heard of any treatment with surgery in the neck tdot, this must not be hyperhydrosis related? I know that the first thing that they did before diagnosing me was to do a whole bunch of tests to see if I had hypo (or hyper, which ever it is) thyroidism, high blood pressure, and so on. And I would be weary of any doctor who did not do this prior to their diagnosis. For the actress, yes, if you have over active sweating in the armpits they can remove the glands, but this will most likely divert it to a different region. With regards to the face, the only treatment is botox, and sorry if you only know of hack job derms, but if you go to a qualified one they should be able to do it without causing any side effects. (Although, you definitely should be concerned, they do have to inject it into the MUSCLE, which sucks. There is just no way they could inject it into the thousands of individual sweat glands.)

And the actress, I would really appreciate if you would let me know what treatments you tried, because I don’t want to waste my money. Have you had IPL done, because that’s what I am doing, but only for facial flushing (i.e. rosacea) and not for acne. The facial flushing that you guys are describing and the blotchiness, and spots, sound exactly like rosacea, I mean it describes what I have almost exactly. And although I get it often, the worst times are when I am giving presentations, or doing anything that gets me nervous. This, however, again, is not hyperhydrosis. I have constantly been mis-diagnosed in my life and finally have an opinion I can trust. The problem is that loser derms with no concern for your best interest will constantly try to prescribe you things that will keep you coming into their offices routinely. The other problem is that not as many people who have rosacea are correctly diagnosed, because often the symptoms appear the same as acne. I eventually switched dermsss when no acne treatment short of accutane would help my skin, and actually they all made it worse. The products will only ever irritate your skin and cause more acne. At least this has been the case in my experience.

If I can suggest one thing to everyone in this forum it is to find an amazing derm, not just an adequate one. Derms who don’t need referrals for procedures that normally require referrals= pig vomits. Derms who diagnose you within seconds= crap weasels. In short, research, research, and research. If you live in a city with a (large) university, try to get an appointment with one of the faculty members at that school. Remember, a doctor who is employed by a reputable institution has done substantial research, written articles, and secured his place as an authority in his field in order to become a member of the faculty. I go to one of the top, if not the top, dermatologist at UofA. And last time I checked we still have the top medical school in Canada.

Tdot and the actress, remember that the opinion of one intellectual is better than the opinion of a thousand idiots.

First off, although redness can be accompanied along with hyperhydrosis, as I know full well, the latter can occur without the former and not vice-versa. Hyperhydrosis is characterized by over-active sweat glands, and there is no reputable doctor who would ever treat you for it if you don't sweat excessively (extra emphasis to be placed on excessively). A helpful link is sweatmanagemeant.ca; it should answer most, if not all, of your questions. And I have never heard of any treatment with surgery in the neck tdot, this must not be hyperhydrosis related? I know that the first thing that they did before diagnosing me was to do a whole bunch of tests to see if I had hypo (or hyper, which ever it is) thyroidism, high blood pressure, and so on. And I would be weary of any doctor who did not do this prior to their diagnosis. For the actress, yes, if you have over active sweating in the armpits they can remove the glands, but this will most likely divert it to a different region. With regards to the face, the only treatment is botox, and sorry if you only know of hack job derms, but if you go to a qualified one they should be able to do it without causing any side effects. (Although, you definitely should be concerned, they do have to inject it into the MUSCLE, which sucks. There is just no way they could inject it into the thousands of individual sweat glands.)

And the actress, I would really appreciate if you would let me know what treatments you tried, because I don’t want to waste my money. Have you had IPL done, because that’s what I am doing, but only for facial flushing (i.e. rosacea) and not for acne. The facial flushing that you guys are describing and the blotchiness, and spots, sound exactly like rosacea, I mean it describes what I have almost exactly. And although I get it often, the worst times are when I am giving presentations, or doing anything that gets me nervous. This, however, again, is not hyperhydrosis. I have constantly been mis-diagnosed in my life and finally have an opinion I can trust. The problem is that loser derms with no concern for your best interest will constantly try to prescribe you things that will keep you coming into their offices routinely. The other problem is that not as many people who have rosacea are correctly diagnosed, because often the symptoms appear the same as acne. I eventually switched dermsss when no acne treatment short of accutane would help my skin, and actually they all made it worse. The products will only ever irritate your skin and cause more acne. At least this has been the case in my experience.

If I can suggest one thing to everyone in this forum it is to find an amazing derm, not just an adequate one. Derms who don’t need referrals for procedures that normally require referrals= pig vomits. Derms who diagnose you within seconds= crap weasels. In short, research, research, and research. If you live in a city with a (large) university, try to get an appointment with one of the faculty members at that school. Remember, a doctor who is employed by a reputable institution has done substantial research, written articles, and secured his place as an authority in his field in order to become a member of the faculty. I go to one of the top, if not the top, dermatologist at UofA. And last time I checked we still have the top medical school in Canada.

Tdot and the actress, remember that the opinion of one intellectual is better than the opinion of a thousand idiots.

Well actually the doctor that i had recently had all sorts of connections to all sorts of acne companies and info, he's a celebrity dermatologist, he cost me big bucks and the strongest thing he advised me to do is PHOTO DYNAMIC THERAPY which didn't work AT ALL!! so WTF now! I'm thi nking to get an appointment with AVA T. SHAMBAN who was the derm on Extreme Makeover! I dunno, oh and as for what i've done uhhh ok here it goes smoothbeam, yag-5, aramis, PHOTO Dynamic therapy oh shit much more but i ca n't remember the names errrrrr