Notifications
Clear all

Matcha!

MemberMember
(@kitty_collins)

Posted : 10/10/2006 10:47 pm

So I was drinking like 44oz of green tea a day. But it was making me crazy. Like causing mild panic attacks crazy. But I think it helped. I read that Matcha Green Tea is the best. How much would I need for it to make an impact on my skin? And how soon could I expect results? During my last green tea binge, I noticed results in just a day or 2. But I think that was largely in part to the fact that I was suddenly drinking as much was as I should have been.

MemberMember
(@jamesw)

Posted : 10/10/2006 10:56 pm

It's hard to say when you'll notice effects. I recommend four cups of green tea every day for maximum benefits. This is based on science applied to Green Tea in studies on other conditions.

Go for it. Red tea (rooibos) is amazing as well. Make sure all your tea is organic.

(Panic attacks are most likely from the caffeine overload.)

Laku liked
MemberMember
(@kitty_collins)

Posted : 10/10/2006 11:41 pm

It's hard to say when you'll notice effects. I recommend four cups of green tea every day for maximum benefits. This is based on science applied to Green Tea in studies on other conditions.

Go for it. Red tea (rooibos) is amazing as well. Make sure all your tea is organic.

(Panic attacks are most likely from the caffeine overload.)

I figured it was the caffeine too, but I switched to decaf and it still made me crazy.

How hard is it to find red tea? And how does it compare to green? Or white for that matter?

MemberMember
(@melfice2k)

Posted : 10/10/2006 11:51 pm

I prefer White tea or Sencha Japanese Green Tea (Decaffeined version)

MemberMember
(@jamesw)

Posted : 10/11/2006 12:03 am

Red tea is sold nearly everywhere under the name "Rooibos" which is the South African plant from which it's derived. Many of the tea's attractive qualities are shared with green and white tea. Red tea is anti-inflammatory, mildly sedative, and naturally caffeine free. It also contains many vitamins.

Search Google for advocacy websites giving testimonies and scientific explanations of its properties.

MemberMember
(@xtr3m)

Posted : 10/11/2006 1:37 am

Matcha is indeed the best but the powder is also the most expensive out of them all...

MemberMember
(@laku)

Posted : 12/22/2020 9:19 pm

I was experimenting with Matcha to clear out my deep cysts on my face. So I have been having three cups of matcha per day, but I still have one cup of coffee in the morning. I noticed that I don't have any new active breakouts so far. Fingers crossed, it seems to stop my sebaceous glands from producing lots of secretions. I also take a liquid chlorophyll supplement in the morning. It seems to make my face less red and angry. This is after about 9 days. I will continue and inform you all.

MemberMember
(@daphne101)

Posted : 08/02/2021 11:26 am

I am planning to do some experiments with matcha as well. Hopefully it will go well!