Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

The one piece of advice you'd give

Guest Locked In Grace

Tip : Diet is a piece of shit.

Fact: Diet is what nourishes every single cell of your body. Suggesting that diet has no effect on one's body, is like saying water and soil play no part in plants growing.

for me, diet has played a major role in my skin.

i watch what i eat and drink because i have noticed that when i drink milk or orange juice, eat pizza, eat anything that has peanuts, drink soda, eat alot of chips, and certain fruits, i break out the very next day or in about 3 days average.

Also the vitamins i am currently taking right now has helped me get off the antibiotics which my face was dependent on for well over 10 years.

So for me diet has played about 90% role for my skin.

Tip: when you have heart disease, try applying topical medications over your heart :)

Diet certainly pays a part in my skin. As soon as i changed the way i eat,green smoothies every morning,plenty vegetables every day,no dairy or pasta i havent had a single spot since and my skin is looking great. I thought i used to eat quite healthy but it wasnt until i looked into it and had a breakout after eating pasta i realised what i was eatting every day wasnt too great for me....

Tip: when you have heart disease, try applying topical medications over your heart :)

i will :) cut me up and slap on the BP ! :D

1. Find out how your body reacts to common food allergens (wheat, dairy, nuts, etc). Cut one out for a week, then re-introduce it and see how you feel. If it affects your health, it likely is affecting your acne.

2. Control your household humidity. I had the worst acne of my life while living in an over-heated, extremely dry dorm room. My skin was literally flaking away from my face.

3. Drink more water.

4. Eat more veggies.

i really have no clue what food affects my acne. i dont know if sugar affects my acne cause ive been avoiding it and i still break out.

My advice is anytime you feel the urge to eat or drink something sugary- drink a gulp of olive oil with it.

2nd piece of advice is always always always drink than eat. Drink than eat. Memorise this order and remember it every time you eat. You may drink at least half an hour after eating but you are safe to eat straight after a drink.

DRINK THAN EAT.

Trust me this advice is gonna improve you at least 75%.

Sup Acne.org,

These are my daily life routines, steps(or whatever you call it):

Forgive me for all the sentences with the letter "I."

I don't live to eat to live, I eat to live.

Try to eat the least oiliest foods.

Try to eat whole foods. (Sure, pop tarts, donuts, cheesecake tastes good but they are all manufactured, for lack of a better term) Help?

My diet is definitely an improvement from just engulfing any source of protein I can find.

Stay with the leanest meat, poultry available.

Don't be a slob and always clean after yourself.

I try to be happy with needs of life, and avoid the wants.

(The U.S. Army never fails you with their high supply of junk foods, deep fried foods, fat foods, unhealthy foods)

But I do love their array of salads and fruits. I take about 3 fruits every meal eat it through out the day.

I keep my self in good condition by exercising alot with cardio and bodybuilding.

Strive for that 6/8 pack w/e ur blessed with. I think that keeping a nice mid section will keep the rest of ur body healthy. W/E.

(Not mentioning the main army physical training we perform every morning at 06:30)

Exercising is not dificult, its aactually fun if you make it.

Seek friends who have same hobbies as you. Running, Basketball, Gym, Etc., and go enjoy life.

What goes around comes around. Say keep your mind pure as possible.

Hmm..

I'm giving up consuming dairy products (I think its trigger to my acne besides chocolate and the stresses of my job.)

I'm giving up soda, fast food, chocolate, high sugar content foods.

I'm starting to eat a huge bowl of salad with Tyson grilled chicken (comes in a box, servings:3) everyday.

Contains: Ceasar, Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots, Cabbage, and Ranch. Add the just-microwaved or just-heated tyson chicken on the top of the ranch, maybe stir it and your good to go.

Not to mention, It's good after an awesome run/workout. Perfect for recovery, IMO. W/E.

Drink plenty of H20. Recently i've been using HEINZ ACV. I think that shit works really well with that DIP regimen. Not to mention all the good stuff it does for the core. W/E.

Try to poop once a day. Really is relieving isnt it?

Sleep atleast 8 - 9 hrs if possible. ( i only avergae 5 - 6 a night, cuz of my job ) But on the weekends i definitely strive for it. And definitely achieve it.

I limit going to the clubs, the enviroment stinks, and the air just feels filthy. W/E. I don't plan on going to any more clubs. Staying out til god knows 05:00. Just really bad for you. Drinking is W/E. I can chill with friends and still have fun and do fun activites w/o smoking w/o intoxicating my self or polluting my self with some drug.

and last but not least, always say to myself theres other people in this world that are suffering worse than you are (from whatever). So be happy and smile.

Thats just summing up how i live my life. W/E.

Forgive me if i bored anyone. :whistle:

1.) Healthy fats...my skin doesn't get the moisture it needs and break out/looks old without them

2.) Water...obvious reasons

3.) Eliminate/reduce refined sugars. *important*

Eat a really, really balanced diet, with plenty of vitamin A and enough good fats particularly with the vitamin A to absorb it and enough other nutrients that your body can process it.

No dairy, reduce sugars, and forget about greasy junk food. Also what matters more than eliminating bad foods from your diet is including good ones. Take a more healthy approach. Good Luck.

Get rid of all foods in your diet that have ingredients that you could not have made/cooked yourself.

The only way to cure acne is to reverse insulin resistance caused by eating a low-fat high-carb diet. The best way to do this is to simply eat a high-fat, low-carb diet.

Avoid: grains, oats, flours, rice, low-fat dairy, sucrose, fructose (including fruit), vegetable & seed oils (especially hydrogenated oils) etc.

These types of carbohydrates are a huge source of inflammation which is why many acne sufferers also have IBS and other digestive issues. Eliminating them shows a huge improvement or total recovery from these symptoms.

Eat: red meat, fatty fish, poultry with skin, avocados, coconut oil and cooked non-starchy non-root vegetables. The bulk of your diet should be red meat, not fruits and vegetables.

The best thing to do is use common sense, ask yourself if this food you are eating is something a primitive person could have had access to, and if not don't eat it.

Don't listen to people who say a particular food causes acne, or that a certain magic combination of supplements will work with no regard to diet. Diet has a cumulative affect on acne, meaning the more carbohydrates you consume over the course of the day, the more your insulin is spiked which over time leads to insulin resistance and hormonal imbalance.