Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colkurtz88

hyperpigmentation from cross/subcision

Posted

Hi all, I got a subcision/tca cross treatment about 18 months ago from Jeffrey Rappaport in NJ. Since that procedure i have had a patch of hyperpigmentation on both my cheeks around the treated area. How it got there I have no clue as it was not directly on the treated area.Sometimes every now and then it will get irratated and get really red. Anyways,I've tried jessner's and tca peels, hydroquinone and exfoliating creams and nothing seems to be working.Can anybody recommend anything or have any ideas on what to do?Anybody have this problem after doing cross and subcision?Does anyone have experience with IPL? I wish I never went to that guy Rappaport.I feel so stupid giving him my hard earned money just so he can leave dark marks on my face. He's garbage.

Posted

Sorry to hear that and I'm even more sorry cause I don't have any advice for u. I've read alot of old threads and people on here had raved about his guy. Is he willing to help u correct it? Or atleast refund some if not all of your money. This is sad to hear b/c they really don't care as much as they should and we're trusting them w/ r faces.

Posted

Have you seen a dermatologist for it? The fact that it isn't directly on the areas that were treated makes me think it is some sort of infection, that possibly came about because the procedures made your skin more sensitive. And that it gets more irritated and red. If it was strictly hyperpigmentation it should be on the treated skin and it shouldn't get more inflamed on its own. There are all kinds of weird things that can live on your skin, most that are easy to get rid of if you culture it and determine exactly what it is. Of course I can't see it, so maybe this is off the wall, but if you haven't seen a good derm, not a plastic surgeon, yet, it couldn't hurt. Either way, hope you figure it out.

Posted

Sorry to hear that and I'm even more sorry cause I don't have any advice for u. I've read alot of old threads and people on here had raved about his guy. Is he willing to help u correct it? Or atleast refund some if not all of your money. This is sad to hear b/c they really don't care as much as they should and we're trusting them w/ r faces.

Thank you so much guys for your time and replies! I actually did not go back to him because it was so far away and there was just no ooportunity to make that trip again.I talked to him on the phone about it and he said to use the hydroquinone that he gave me which I did and it has not worked along with the other stuff that I tried. It's so frustrating like today the streak on my right face was redder than usual. It looks red but when you look up close it has a grayish tint to it.This whole time I'm thinking it's hyperpigmentation. I was coming up with theories on how it got there. Maybe it was via something being on the doctors or one of his assistance's gloves or maybe there was something on the cotton balls when they were wiping the blood that streamed down my cheeks.It makes me upset because I get the feeling that I was abused taken to the cleaners with my money.I wish I had never come across his website.I wish I had never heard about him here on this board.I wish I had never gone to see him. I remember exactly what I told him before the procedure. I said that I was worried my skin would get worse.He said not to worry and that everything would be alright. Of course, like always my worries had to come true.