Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightgirl78

anyone here had punch grafts done

Has anyone here had punch grafts done? its basically a procedure wherein the scar is punched out and filled up with skin taken from elsewhere(usually from behind teh ear). the graft is not stitched up but stuck with derma bond. Its then plastered and few days later a scab froms, which falls off to reveal skin wherein the depressed scar fills up entirely. This procedure is sometimes followed up with dermabrasion or laser and this takes care of the resulting scar form teh graft. I hear that in some cases this can totally elimiate scarring depending ofcourse on individual healing and also location of scar. Id like to hear from anyone who has had this procedure done as iam considering it. Ah! so fed up of my scars (sob sob) but will not give up.

luck to all

Cooltouch, who does not seem to post anymore, reported 95% improvement from this procedure. Apparently, it took a few adjustments by Doc to get it to the correct surface level. Frankly, I wish I had gone this route and still may, except that my scarring is in areas where I have facial hair. She has some scientific training and works in high tech, so I doubt she inflated her results in a material way.

i had this procedure done in August (taking a peice from behind the ear and replace to the scar) and in the same week i had laser ruserfacing,, i can say i got %(30-40) improved, but you can still see the indentation under harsh light,, so its basically a wasting of money...

i had this procedure done in August (taking a peice from behind the ear and replace to the scar) and in the same week i had laser ruserfacing,, i can say i got %(30-40) improved, but you can still see the indentation under harsh light,, so its basically a wasting of money...

Noona, what were you expecting? 30-40% sounds like well spent $. there is no 100% solution under harsh light. Period.

All I want is scars that look fine under normal light. heh. right now i dont even got that!!

Noona, what were you expecting? 30-40% sounds like well spent $. there is no 100% solution under harsh light. Period.

All I want is scars that look fine under normal light. heh. right now i dont even got that!!

Not too sure but I done excision.... it is 98% for small scars.. and leave a small scar for big ones... Which can be excised the second round...

I got 100% with one side under my eye, the other side warped. Bad dermabrasion, but yes it is good if Dr. raises then for a bit to let them heal, (some die), if they leaved them a bit raised and do like laser to even it out (after they are sure it takes), it works good. But only on the deep scars.

Better than excisions, cause a circular scar, hardly ever leaves a bad line. You cant tell on mine now.

But I did just a few, cause of the risk of "not taking".

I'd do it again, but my scars are too small for it. Thats why I had it done, only on the deep picks or boxcars, like chicken pox ones.

Good thing, but onlu if tey "raise it and buzz it down after".

You look like a complete freak for a month, but I had to do, what I had to, so never cared.

(I do now though). But the end result is what you should care about, I am missing a 10 day break to do this microlaser peel. So what). I can, catch up on email to family, watch movies, read and just chill, I am looking forward to it. it is not deep maybe not for most until they get almost there, and I am almost there to being, as scar free as I can. There is a few, which I will need to cover, mostly zits in a linear scar, and maybe won't be visable in awhile???

No matter as it is just one.

OOPs sorry for the story, but thats just how it is. For me, anyway.

P.S. Only do excision if they will do a "circular" one. You can't tell after awhile, the scar fades, while the straight line will be there forever.......

Hi

Thanks for the info? Who was your doctor? And do you know the names of the other doctors who perform this?

Thanks

I got 100% with one side under my eye, the other side warped. Bad dermabrasion, but yes it is good if Dr. raises then for a bit to let them heal, (some die), if they leaved them a bit raised and do like laser to even it out (after they are sure it takes), it works good. But only on the deep scars.

Better than excisions, cause a circular scar, hardly ever leaves a bad line. You cant tell on mine now.

But I did just a few, cause of the risk of "not taking".

I'd do it again, but my scars are too small for it. Thats why I had it done, only on the deep picks or boxcars, like chicken pox ones.

Good thing, but onlu if tey "raise it and buzz it down after".

You look like a complete freak for a month, but I had to do, what I had to, so never cared.

(I do now though). But the end result is what you should care about, I am missing a 10 day break to do this microlaser peel. So what). I can, catch up on email to family, watch movies, read and just chill, I am looking forward to it. it is not deep maybe not for most until they get almost there, and I am almost there to being, as scar free as I can. There is a few, which I will need to cover, mostly zits in a linear scar, and maybe won't be visable in awhile???

No matter as it is just one.

OOPs sorry for the story, but thats just how it is. For me, anyway.

P.S. Only do excision if they will do a "circular" one. You can't tell after awhile, the scar fades, while the straight line will be there forever.......