Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flexistraws

Cyst "popping" thread!

Hi!

I'm the lucky (but not only) owner of an irritating cyst right om my forehead. I think it's kindof nodularcystic, cause theres no white or blackhead, just a big bump.

I've been seeing different advices for popping a cyst, but some of them i don't dare, and others i'm doubting.

How do you pop a cyst, without swelling or irritating it?

Cheers!

if you attempt to pop it, you're just asking for trouble. even if you can get it to come to a head, you need to be extremely careful about what you're doing. (trust me, i've found out the hard way like most other people around here, multiple times. learn from my stupid mistakes.) just get a cortizone shot.

Yeah, seriously-do NOT mess with a true cyst. Nodules and papules are one thing-you can use a hot compress to get those to ahead but not a cyst. If you mess with it could could press the infection deeper into your skin and cause a lot of swelling and more problems. I actually had to go on antibiotics for one cyst while on accutane b/c I messed with it and pushed the infection in. My eye was even swollen-it was onmy cheek.

Just DON'T mess with it-please!

I learned how to pop them about a month ago. Before that i would take a needle and poke them and let them drain out. But now i do that, I wash my face once or twice a day with a warm rag. So try washing your face and clean your hair for oil.

Everytime i get a cyst, or a new huge inflammed pustule/papule/nodule, i give it a few days(1-2) to see if it'll come to a head.If it wont i just keep the proactive sulphur mask on it for a few hours a day, it works wonders.After a few days the zit ALWAYS reduces in size and inflammation drastically

i've found that by making sure to exfoliate the skin over the cyst every day, it seems to accelerate the movement of the cyst to the surface of the skin. The skin over the cyst will get flakey, and every day peel off the skin. (this is what happens on accutane to me at least). i would not go sticking a needle in there though. you can push skin surface bacteria into the cyst and give yourself an even bigger infection.

Leave well alone, particularly on your forehead. I had one on there, fairly big and sore. Went to pop it, failed. Made it worse, and now I have a raised scar for all to see. That was 6 months ago.

Leave well alone, particularly on your forehead. I had one on there, fairly big and sore. Went to pop it, failed. Made it worse, and now I have a raised scar for all to see. That was 6 months ago.

I had the same on my cheek. I kept think it would pop, but nothing. JUst made it worse. that was 3 months ago. I can still feel scar tissue on my cheek where it was. No good!!!

Pop That Zit

Hi!

I'm the lucky (but not only) owner of an irritating cyst right om my forehead. I think it's kindof nodularcystic, cause theres no white or blackhead, just a big bump.

I've been seeing different advices for popping a cyst, but some of them i don't dare, and others i'm doubting.

How do you pop a cyst, without swelling or irritating it?

Cheers!

If it doesn't have a head, don't touch it. End of.

Do NOT ever try to pop a cyst. As others have said I learned the hard way and trust me you don't want to. I tried to pop one and had to go to the derm to get it drained out because blood got caught underneath and it looked like I had a huge purple welt on my chin for weeks.

Do NOT ever try to pop a cyst. As others have said I learned the hard way and trust me you don't want to. I tried to pop one and had to go to the derm to get it drained out because blood got caught underneath and it looked like I had a huge purple welt on my chin for weeks.

couple of mine are like that now...

*sigh :wall::cry::dance::doh: