Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

Good solution for Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation?

Posted

What is the best to reduce/heal my hyperpigmentation? Almsot every acne leaves dark brown/black spots on my skin. I'm trying the taping and vinegar method but is there a faster way? A skin whitener or bleaching product? What's the best product?

Posted

If u have fair or light skin(caucasion) Proactiv skin lightening lotion will get rid of the brown spots w/i a couple of weeks at the most a month.

Posted

I'm 1/2 Asian and what has worked better than anything (including $100 prescription bleaching creams) is the new Olay Definity. I ordered the sample size from here:

Get a Free sample of Olay Definity Intense Hydrating cream.

http://www.olay.com/samplesandoffers/

It's a tiny little tube, but if you only use it on the hyperpigmented areas you will definitely see an improvement in about 2 weeks. I've been using about that long, and I still have a few days worth left in the tube.

Posted

I'm not a Caucasion, I'm actually half Indian half Chinese, but I have fair skin, which makes my hyperpigmented ares all the more obvious. :(

I live in Malaysia, so no free sample of that Olay for me. :(

Is ProActiv easily available here?

Posted

I'm not a Caucasion, I'm actually half Indian half Chinese, but I have fair skin, which makes my hyperpigmented ares all the more obvious. :(

OMG. I finally know someone is from my home country Malaysia.

I feel your pain. I am an asian chinese (malaysian) with dark skin.

And yes, every acnes (big acnes) left initially with redmarks, then turned into brownmarks.

The brownmarks left just don't get away, but will eventually fade with time (for me, 1 year average).

have you tried using glycolic peel? I heard that dark skin people have the likelihood of getting post-peeling hyperpigmentation.

I wanna try this, but still waiting for someone (dark skin) to tell me that the likelihood is very very low.

Umm... your question, I don't know. The lightening products just don't work for me.

Posted

OMG. I finally know someone is from my home country Malaysia.

I feel your pain. I am an asian chinese (malaysian) with dark skin.

And yes, every acnes (big acnes) left initially with redmarks, then turned into brownmarks.

The brownmarks left just don't get away, but will eventually fade with time (for me, 1 year average).

have you tried using glycolic peel? I heard that dark skin people have the likelihood of getting post-peeling hyperpigmentation.

I wanna try this, but still waiting for someone (dark skin) to tell me that the likelihood is very very low.

Umm... your question, I don't know. The lightening products just don't work for me.

Haha, nice to meet you! :D

I only joined here recently as before this I didnt really have much acne. But lately I've been getting a lot and almost all of them leave a PIH dark brown/black mark... it really saddens me. As of now my active acnes are gone but the marks remain. :cry:

I actually went for the National Service program here, during march-may, before that I already had a few brown marks. But all of them disappeared almost completely when I was there... I really dont know why. I mean I was under the hot sun all day long there without sunscreen, yet my acne marks healed so much faster. :ninja:

Now 4 months back from camp and my face is full of marks. I really hope they go away soon. :angel:

Posted

"National Service program"... Did you enjoy it?

"active acnes are gone but the marks remain"...me too.

"under the hot sun all day long there without sunscreen" and "disappeared almost completely ", I think this is because of your skin getting darker (eefect of the sun) that colours out your brownmarks. I mean your brownmarks are not completely gone, they are just concealed by your darker skin???

Have you getting a bit whiten after 4 months back from camp?

Posted

"National Service program"... Did you enjoy it?

"active acnes are gone but the marks remain"...me too.

"under the hot sun all day long there without sunscreen" and "disappeared almost completely ", I think this is because of your skin getting darker (eefect of the sun) that colours out your brownmarks. I mean your brownmarks are not completely gone, they are just concealed by your darker skin???

Have you getting a bit whiten after 4 months back from camp?

Yea I enjoyed NS, something I once thought was not possible. :)

I did get darker, but only a LITTLE bit. Most of my friends there were so much darker than me, I dunno why. But I guess that little bit of dark couldve concealed my marks. Well I have no choice but to wait it out till my marks go away, there's nothing much I can do.