Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on my current regimen for 3.5 weeks. AM with Duac and Cetaphil moisturizer, PM with Tretinoin and 10% glycolic cream. The derm and his esthetician said I could replace the AM Cetaphil with the glycolic cream at 3-4 weeks, so that I'd use it twice daily. At this point, I am still flaking and peeling. So - I was wondering if using the glycolic cream in the AM will help or will it just make the flaking worse? I think my skin can "take it" I just don't don't want to make anything worse. Any insights or similar experiences would be helpful, thanks!

I have been on a regimen that my esthetician created for me (she specializes in treating acne). I have been using a non-prescription retinoid (derm a gel), and at one point was using 10% glycolic gel twice a day. The 2x a day glycolic made my skin peel a lot, so my esthetician changed my regimen so I wasn't using the glycolic so often. I don't think it will do anything bad to your skin - peeling is actually good since you are exfoliating and it also helps marks fade faster. I couldn't put up with all the peelies though! Now I am using derm a gel 2 times a day, BP on breakout prone areas at night, and a hydrogen peroxide cream in the morning (which took the place of my glycolic gel - it is also an exfoliant, but less drying).