Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

For anyone out there who might be like me..

Kanmi, You took antidepressants when you were that young? I didn't think doctors would prescribe that for anyone under 16! I had depression as far back as I can remember. I used to self medicate.

Yeah, my doctor was a crazy bitch. She put me on zoloft when I was 13 and I started losing my hair. It isn't supposed to be prescribed to anyone under 18.

My doctor is in jail now.

Kanmi, You took antidepressants when you were that young? I didn't think doctors would prescribe that for anyone under 16! I had depression as far back as I can remember. I used to self medicate.

Yeah, my doctor was a crazy bitch. She put me on zoloft when I was 13 and I started losing my hair. It isn't supposed to be prescribed to anyone under 18.

I'm on zoloft now, are you still on it? Yeah I've heard about it thinning hair is that common?I hope not that's one good feature I have is my long hair! I took zoloft for 3 years before went off it for 2 years and now I'm back on it the past 2 months.

Really, Kanmi? In jail? Wow!

I was also on Zoloft (and Paxil and Trazedone) at 15. None of that worked out very well for me.

I tried all of those as well. Paxil made me gain a lot of weight. And Trazedone made me fall asleep everywhere.

oh kanmi....:( your acne isnt horrible at all, especially to warrant staying inside all the time. i hope you can find some peace.

it's not acne.

What is it then?

Are you genuinely attracted to fantasy - books, movies, video games, the whole thing -or are you just passing time in an isolated, escapist state?

I'm on zoloft now, are you still on it? Yeah I've heard about it thinning hair is that common?I hope not that's one good feature I have is my long hair! I took zoloft for 3 years before went off it for 2 years and now I'm back on it the past 2 months.

No, I stopped zoloft when I started noticing hair loss. I've been on prozac now for four years. No side effects from it. It doesn't make me happy, it just keeps me from ending up institutionalized.

oh kanmi....:( your acne isnt horrible at all, especially to warrant staying inside all the time. i hope you can find some peace.

it's not acne.

What is it then?

Are you genuinely attracted to fantasy - books, movies, video games, the whole thing -or are you just passing time in an isolated, escapist state?

I've always been genuinely attracted to those things. Ever since I was little, when I didn't have acne. It's just a passion I carried in to my teenage years, and i'm sure will continue in to my adult years as well.

Well, I don't have a social life. In fact, I don't leave my house, ever.

Maybe because you've demonstrated terrible self-control and are so far removed from reality you confuse your addictions with interests?

Ok, I don't care how severe your acne is (in the thread starter's case, it seems to be pretty mild). You can deal with it in two ways:

1. Live your life anyway, accepting that you have a temporary problem that isn't physically impairing in any way

2. Lock yourself up in your house obsessing about how terrible your skin is (which ironically probably makes acne worse) while simultanesouly wasting years of your life that you will never have back.

If you look back in ten years, what seems worse? Realizing you wasted a huge portion of your life because of a trivial skin condition, or living each day to the fullest regardless of your physical appearance?

Come on, get the fuck over it!

So, is that a stab at tough love or are you just an asshole?

Well, I don't have a social life. In fact, I don't leave my house, ever. Sometimes for weeks, months at a time even. I hadn't left my house in over two weeks until a few days ago, I stepped outside in my backyard. I really didn't want to, but trust me, the fresh air and sunlight was actually very calming. It just felt so nice.

I just wanted to say, if there's anyone here like me, just step outside for a few moments today. You'll feel better once you have.

Honey, you can't let your skin control you. You know how much better you feel if you just go outside, why not do it more often? Maybe it will help your self esteem? You're adorable and everyone looks better in natural light. Go out. Have fun.

Well, I don't have a social life. In fact, I don't leave my house, ever.

Maybe because you've demonstrated terrible self-control and are so far removed from reality you confuse your addictions with interests?

I still don't understand?

Honey, you can't let your skin control you. You know how much better you feel if you just go outside, why not do it more often? Maybe it will help your self esteem? You're adorable and everyone looks better in natural light. Go out. Have fun.

I only feel better if I sit out in my backyard. Which means no one can see me.

If I go somewhere where people can actually see me, it will only make me feel worse.

I've gone through times where I didn't feel like going out with friends because of how bad my acne was, but that didn't stop me from going out in general. I still would. I can't stand being trapped inside my room, it just makes you more depressed.

I used to be like that , but you know what..? thinking about how horrible skin you have compare to those people who cant walk and sitting on the wheel chair or have physical problems that are way bigger than little skin issues is a whole different thing , AND yet you see them out at the mall or parks , I wonder how those people do it...its strange but i think they are very strong and iam sure they are either hurt so badly inside and wish to be like everyone else walking , having friends , b/fs...etc.

Iam not saying acne isnt a huge problem because i've dealt with it and still but my acne got alot better from years before , but i just think that you should be glad you have a problem that it will go away someday in time , and nothing more.

Ok, I don't care how severe your acne is (in the thread starter's case, it seems to be pretty mild). You can deal with it in two ways:

1. Live your life anyway, accepting that you have a temporary problem that isn't physically impairing in any way

2. Lock yourself up in your house obsessing about how terrible your skin is (which ironically probably makes acne worse) while simultanesouly wasting years of your life that you will never have back.

If you look back in ten years, what seems worse? Realizing you wasted a huge portion of your life because of a trivial skin condition, or living each day to the fullest regardless of your physical appearance?

Come on, get the fuck over it!

So, is that a stab at tough love or are you just an asshole?

It's neither - it is simply the way I view the situation. You say I'm an asshole, I say the truth isn't always sugar coated. She can continue to let acne control her existence or she can accept it and move on. Simple as that.

That's not to say she can't continue to experiment with treatment methods, but becoming a recluse in the meantime is certainly not the answer. I see too many people putting their lives on hold until they "grow out of it" or clear up. Get out and explore the fucking universe! It's such an amazing place! If you absolutely can't get out of your house, at least find a passion that you can pursue at home such as a musical instrument.

Guest No Pride

You cant be superficial and believe that outside beauty is everything. Your looks will fade with time anyhow as will all of ours. Accept your fate. Id much rather be with an average looking down to earth woman that can cook well (im really skinny) and has a sweet voice and warm touch then the sexiest woman on the Earth who is snobby and has mental issues. And im being completely truthful here.

I've gone through times where I didn't feel like going out with friends because of how bad my acne was, but that didn't stop me from going out in general. I still would. I can't stand being trapped inside my room, it just makes you more depressed.

Edit: OMG i checked your myspace pic and your so pretty !! your really pretty...dont do this to your self and waste your life like that please.

Kanmi is that pic you in your avatar? if so you're really pretty.

Haha no, actually it's a guy. He's my favorite Japanese singer.

Yeah you look great in your gallery. Give college a try. You might like it.

Also, for someone who doesn't have a social life, it's almost ironic you have a MySpace LOL. Well, have a nice night.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? THATS A GUY!!? OMG IM SO EMBARASSED :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: !

Yeah you look great in your gallery. Give college a try. You might like it.

Also, for someone who doesn't have a social life, it's almost ironic you have a MySpace LOL. Well, have a nice night.

I have a myspace because it's the only way I talk with my friends anymore. Because they never really call me.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? THATS A GUY!!? OMG IM SO EMBARASSED :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: !

:comfort: It's ok.

yeah when i had no job i was like that. was nice to get out and refresh every now and then.

....why do people say things like 'youre too pretty to be in your house all day'? as if an ugly girl is less of a person and should stay in all day.

I tend to get sucked into unhealthy hobbies, such as slouching on a computer chair and playing World of Warcraft for hours on end. I tell myself I'm going to quit, but theres really nothing better to do with my time since I hate going out lol.

Guest Michael Jackson

we're all a little bi curious

....why do people say things like 'youre too pretty to be in your house all day'? as if an ugly girl is less of a person and should stay in all day.

Haha true. But kanmi is stunning (there's a reason why almost every guy on the org has a crush on her) so she shouldn't feel ashamed of what she looks like when she goes out.