Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maciej

Dr. Chu- Subcision price?

Hi, I'm going to get a letter of referral from my Doc to send to Dr. Chu next week. However it will not be through the NHS as I am based in Scotland and the NHS system seems to be very different here and can't get a referral directly from my Doc to Dr Chu. Would be so much easier if I was south of the border...

I would like to see Dr. Chu privately instead as everything is much straighter forward and if the costs aren't that high then I would go ahead and receive treatment privately with him.

First of all, does anyone know how much a subcision costs with Dr. Chu? I think a subcision would benefit be greatly as I have the type of scars that subcision is good for. Does Dr. Chu prove N-lite along with subcision and if so does anyone know the cost?

Also, is there a "consultation charge" when going privately to see Dr. Chu?

Finally, as I will be travelling from Scotland, would Dr. Chu provide a consultation and give me a subcision the same day?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are definately seeing him privately there will be a charge, but you should be told about this before you go - when you get the letter confirming your appointment. If you dont get a letter I would ring his secretary and ask her. Its usually between £75 - 150

If you are definately seeing him privately there will be a charge, but you should be told about this before you go - when you get the letter confirming your appointment. If you dont get a letter I would ring his secretary and ask her. Its usually between £75 - 150

Hi missbusybee. :)

Did you see Dr Chu privately or through the NHS?

I'm going to see my doc sometime this week and everything will start from there.

Any idea how long it roughly takes to get an appointment (receive a letter from Dr Chu's secretary) from the day you request a letter of referral from the doc?

It gen takes around 3-4 months to get an initiaI private appointment with Dr.Chu. THe consuItation cost is £150 if i recaII, and sub price is as missbusybee states.

The chances of anyone getting to see Dr.Chu via NHS, even if within the catchment area is near impossibIe.

It gen takes around 3-4 months to get an initiaI private appointment with Dr.Chu. THe consuItation cost is £150 if i recaII, and sub price is as missbusybee states.

The chances of anyone getting to see Dr.Chu via NHS, even if within the catchment area is near impossibIe.

Dr Chu seems much cheaper than other dermatologists?

I remember having an appointment with a dermatologist in Belfast and he wanted over £300 for a subcision.

I thought a lot of English users in here are seeing Dr. Chu on the NHS?

I just did a subcision today without any anesthetic. One word to describe is "OUCH!" Will update you guys... Cheers!

Do you mean that Dr Chu did it or you did it yourself?

I think I read a while back on here that someone paid £110 for a subcision with Dr. Chu

Don't take my word on that though, although I'm pretty sure that's what they said.

If that is definitely how much a subcision costs with him then that is very cheap indeed and very heartening.

He prefers to keep costs down. Its an NHS hospitaI with private wing and he is on the payroII, not a private hospitaI. So I guess thats why the cost is kept down, thankfuIIy. UnIike most derms/p.s who can charge the earth at a private practice.

He prefers to keep costs down. Its an NHS hospitaI with private wing and he is on the payroII, not a private hospitaI. So I guess thats why the cost is kept down, thankfuIIy. UnIike most derms/p.s who can charge the earth at a private practice.

It certainly gives hope to those who have a limited budget here in the UK, including myself. :)

Your keyboard has a problem with the "L" key? lol.

yes..so frustrating!

But its a Iaptop and right now i dont have time to put it in to be repaired. I may buy an externaI keyboard I8r. But right now its 'I' :S zzz

Hi Pff..

Did you receive treatment with Dr Chu?

If so, what did you have and were you happy with results?

I definitely think you'll be in good hands with Dr Chu. I haven't read a single bad comment about him. Apparently he has excellent people skills which is a welcome change from some of the money grabbing derms and docs that we're used to out there.

I had isoIagen with dr.chu with subcision in between. IntiaIIy remarkabIe resuIts which have settIed down now. ApartIy i have stiII some time for the fibobIasts to work.

I had one round of tca cross with him that went badIy. It created some saucer shaped scarring and removed pigmentation. So indented white spots. Tore me up for a whiIe. I guess just one of those things. I cant keep feeIing sorry for myseIf over it, so Iook to the future.

Hi guys i m getting NHS treatment via Dr Chu and am due back to get my treatment next month for the first time

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have seen him or one of his consultants what the acid treatment they perform is? I asked if it was like a glycolic peel but apprarently not and it is what they recommend before going ahead with subcision as i might not need subscision.

Any info much appreciated.

poss tca cross?

he is a big fan of it. Sounds Iike they mean that.

Maybe caII/emaiI him or his secretary to find out?