Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sillygoose

making an appointment

ok so i'm actually going to the derm here soon and i'm asking for accutane. the bastard better give it to me.

any advice for me? is there anything i should do in advance? how long will it take to actually get the pills?

i'm assuming guys don't have to do the ipledge thing, but i'm not sure.

thanks

men do have to do iPLEDGE. it's a pain in the ass but not as bad as what woman have to do.

what other things have you tried?

how bad is your acne?

the derm might want you to try some antibiotics and topicals first before you try accutane.

Whats this iPledge thing? I just got my prescription withought signing anything.

if your in the us you have to go through iPLEDGE. it's basically a registry of everyone taking accutane. the doctor has to clear you to take accutane in the iPLEDGE website then the pharmacy has to check the website before dispensing the accutane. you only have a 7 day window to pick up the drug and you must get a new prescription every 30 days. if you don't see your doctor every 30 days or don't pick up your prescription on time you have to stop treatment for 30 days and need to be re-registered with iPLEDGE.

i am in the us.

i've tried

monocycline

tetracycline

ampicillin

differin

tazorac

benzaclin

b5

salycylic acid and benzoyl peroxide (pretty much any otc med)

my acne is moderate and persistant and it's starting to leave some hyperpigmentation

i'm pretty oily, especially on my nose

the bottom line is that this is affecting my life and i'm going in there demanding accutane. nothing else has worked for me except LOADING up on bp, but that led to expression lines and my skin is still damaged. accutane, to me, is actually safer than some of the crazy shit i've been trying.

if i do get a prescription, can i pick it up that day or does ipledge take a while?

thanks again

i am in the us.

i've tried

monocycline

tetracycline

ampicillin

differin

tazorac

benzaclin

b5

salycylic acid and benzoyl peroxide (pretty much any otc med)

my acne is moderate and persistant and it's starting to leave some hyperpigmentation

i'm pretty oily, especially on my nose

the bottom line is that this is affecting my life and i'm going in there demanding accutane. nothing else has worked for me except LOADING up on bp, but that led to expression lines and my skin is still damaged. accutane, to me, is actually safer than some of the crazy shit i've been trying.

if i do get a prescription, can i pick it up that day or does ipledge take a while?

thanks again

it sounds like you've tried a lot. you may be prescribed accutane. if you are male you can pick it up the same day the derm registers you with iPLEDGE. however it takes like 5-8 hrs the first time you get a prescription to be registered with the program, so you might need to get it the next day. the next time you get a prescription you should already be registered with iPLEDGE the doctor just has to put your prescription into the website, so there won't be a waiting period.

if you're female you will have to wait a month, I'm assuming you're a guy.

yeah, i'm a guy.

i have tried a lot, and it's getting worse as of late so i'm hoping the derm will prescribe it. i'm almost 22, so i feel like i'm old enough to know the risks and make a good decision.