Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lately I've been cleansing with Head and Shoulders, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (2% Salicylic Acid), and sometimes with a little AcneFree Benzoyl Peroxide (2.25%) Formula in the mix as well.

It's been working so well for the last 3 days that I've purchased another bottle of the Neutrogena, emptied half into the old bottle, and mixed the rest with the H&S.

When I use it, it has a slight tingly/burning effect, but when that happens I just use some oil-free moisturizer afterwards. My skin feels smoother and tighter, and my pores appear smaller. Also, the pimples that haven't gone away yet pop almost effortlessly.

So far (3 days) I'm happy with the results, and I plan on continuing this treatment.

My question is: is it safe to mix cleaners like this? Could this lead to scarring?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

For those of you wondering, H&S is mentioned on a lot of sites - including this one - as a solution for acne.

i been using head & shoulders on face for like week and half now then at night sometime i spot with queen helens mint julep mask... so far no significant results but im sticken with the h & s def didnt make it worse... well actually i had a ton of cysts type bumps on chin but now they r gone

I checked an online drug interactions database, and pyrithione zinc (H&S) topical shouldn't react with salicylic acid (Neutrogena) topical. Interestingly, one of the items listed was pyrithione zinc-salicylic acid topical.

::EDIT::

I selected more specific items from the list and this is what it told me:

"We did not find any drug interactions between the following drugs: Neutrogena Acne Wash Oil Free,Head & Shoulders"

I guess I should take its word?

I been in to making coccoctions this week. I mixed H&S with left over lever 200 body wash I added some backing soda , tea tree oil, jojooba oil and vitamin e oil. mixed it all up and have been using it since yesterday. Intresting smell is all I can say, Now as for body acne the jury is still out. :lol: