Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laura123

BIO OIL-Amazing Stuff for under 10

I have used glycolic peels, lactic acid peels, glycolic serums, etc etc but if you have a spare £6/7 please try Bio Oil. I bought it because I have very sensitive skin and just couldn't find a moisturiser that 1.) didn't have lanolin 2.) didn't cause more breakouts or 3.) just wasn't moisturising enough. A few months went by and one day I noticed that even in my worst light.....(behind a light, you know the type, shows up every mark) my marks had faded considerably. I did know that boil oil claims to help uneven skin tone but thought this was more sun induced uneven skintone. I swear by the stuff now and religiously apply 3 drops every night and massage in. Just google it and you will see people praising it. Lasts ages too so doesn't actually work out that expensive. Also seems to stop new marks from forming!!!!

My lowest point last year was I was out on a works meal, the toilet mirror happened to be one of these horrible ones. Light in the centre of the room so no light shining on my face meant I could actually see the full extent of my marks. I was crushed and ended up leaving early I was so depressed. Turns out I went back to the same restaurant about 6 months later....and I remembered the incident. I was nervous to go look in the mirror incase all my bathroom mirrors had been a lie!But I was so relieved when I realised my marks were around 80% better and it wasn't even what I would class as a good skin week.

I think I am going to use bio oil forvever, weirdly has also made my pores seem smaller in some places?Excellent stuff!

I have been meaning to post for ages because I feel really strongly about this product. I used to rave about this lightning cream made with lactic acid but I only got around a 30% improvment on that.

Try it and see!

Ive been using this stuff as a moisturizer for a few months now, cant say its helping the marks but my overall skin tone is looking alot better.

am using it too and im really hoping this is the last red mark solution am gonna try >_> no significant result yet but im only in a week and some.

It's not an instant cure but I tried the jessfoliation, ACV methods etc etc and they didn't help much either. I wasn't counting on it helping my skintone just needed a moisturiser that wouldn't bring me out in eczema!I feel like it 'feeds' the skin rather than stripping away oils, drying it out, over exfoliating as some methods do. It was just a massive bonus it helped my skin tone. I know we all want instant cures, I have tried nearly every method on this messageboard and spent too much money on things that didn't work. I would say it was virtually 6 months before I saw drastic improvement but what's 6 months when I have been trying for 6 years to get rid of the every forming marks!

I tried bio oil for 4 months. Did nothing for my red marks/brown marks or even out skin tone. Gave me more blackheads and broke me out when I'd been clear for a while. It doesn't work for everybody. However it is worth a try cos it does seem to really work for some people just not me for me unfortunatley!! :(

It does work, like all the products on this site do. Its just the time it takes to work and this product does take adges.

Bio Oil! Yeah, totally!

It smells good and it uh..

smells good. That's about it.

(Okay, maybe it helped a wee bit, but nothing extravagant)