Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GiftedPuma

Does popping a pimple cause a scar?

Does popping a pimple cause a scar or will some pimples just scar no matter what you do? I heard both, that if you pop a pimple, it will cause scarring, but also, I've heard that popping a pimple just causes a risk for more pimples, but wouldn't cause a scar anymore than it would have anyway. Anyway, please let me known what you guys and girls think because I want to know if I'm the cause of some of my pimples or maybe I would have just scarred regardless of my actions. Thanks!

I've popped millions but don't really have any scarring. It depends on each individual. I'm lucky not to have scars even though i got huge cysts in the past which i always sqeezed at and they made my face swell right out.

If you are going to pop them at least wait untill they come to a head, i've a tendancy to sweeze every bump i feel forming under my skin which isnt a good thing as it spreads the infection and the spot takes longer to heal.

Does popping a pimple cause a scar or will some pimples just scar no matter what you do? I heard both, that if you pop a pimple, it will cause scarring, but also, I've heard that popping a pimple just causes a risk for more pimples, but wouldn't cause a scar anymore than it would have anyway. Anyway, please let me known what you guys and girls think because I want to know if I'm the cause of some of my pimples or maybe I would have just scarred regardless of my actions. Thanks!

During my 'scarring period' that started last autumn almost all my pimples from a terrible breakout left me with a scar. The one cyst that accidentely popped left the biggest hole of them all. SO KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM THOSE FUCKING PIMPLES! Im serious man. Sometimes it may leave you a deep hole, sometimes it may fill in, but in general popping pimples increases chances of scarring very much.

Answering to another question. Yes I think you would have scarred regardless of your actions. Until the age of 17 I popped every singe pimple I would find in the morning. And I didn't get a single scar. I stoped popping pimples and after a few years, after the breakout I mentioned I was left with scars all over my cheeks although I didn't pop a single pimple except for the cyst I mentioned. Its because of the aging.

ive had three cysts which popped and then i held the hard shell ball thing in my hand, these weren't gigantic cysts but a little below ave size. No scar formed whatsoever. It looked like a crater for awhile but completely healed as if it never happened. I popped a whitehead a month ago and it left a boxcar scar tho, only scar I have on my face. Pisses me off. :(

So, it is possible for a "scar" that I just got a month ago, to close up (looks like a crater now)? If I give it time, it could close up or at least dimish a little bit? Please, I hope so because I have this deep crater from a pimple from a month or two ago from these three pimples that merged on my cheek to form one large pimle and it took a while to heal, but it did and now I feel thickness at the edges and the then a crater in the center which is thinner. Would mederma help, or make it worse?

Thanks!

Erik

Not if you use a comedone extractor. It is very likely to scar unless you use the extractor (which is really only for comedone not a red, raised infected bump).

Mederma is not intended for use on indented scars and can cause more harm then good w/ these type of scars according to research I've read and Vit E as well.