Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amz

getting really dry skin after applying BP is this normal?

after applying benzoyl peroxide for 3 days my skin is really dry, i use benzoyl peroxide at bedtime only and use a night moisturizer over it but when i wake up i can see that my skin is really dry and my eyes are really wrinkly.

how can i stop this from happening?

any help please

after applying benzoyl peroxide for 3 days my skin is really dry, i use benzoyl peroxide at bedtime only and use a night moisturizer over it but when i wake up i can see that my skin is really dry and my eyes are really wrinkly.

how can i stop this from happening?

any help please

Yes it is perfectly normal.

Have a read of this : http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginf...pdi/202086.html

It has a lot of information regarding side effects and precautions.

wash then apply ur moisturizer then wait like 15 minutes for ur skin to absorbe that completely and then apply bp. keep it faaar away from ur eyes. and applying moisturizer always seems like i bad idea to me bcuz some of the bp comes up when u moisturiz and gets carried to ur eye area and flakes and gets yuck.

try moisturizing first. and dryness with bp is more then normal. its something to expect ha. it sucks but id rather be dry then have pimples. and dry is better then oily bcuz u can always add moisturizer and u cant take oil out of ur face

Yes, thets pretty normal. You're gonna get even dryer though...>.>. Make sure to plop on alot of moistrizer, day and night or just whenever. Your skin will get less dryer over time, it has to get used to the BP first

If you like BP but are finding that it is drying your skin, you should try this product: http://www.oicu2.com/benzoylperoxide10/

It has natural oils in it to help the BP penetrate better and hydrate the skin as well. It's the only thing that has cleared my skin without making it dry or flakey.