Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hickory

why do zits keep filling?

the regimen has done an awesome job with clearing my acne, but i still get a few large zits from time to time. you know, the red-ringed white tipped kind.... when i pop them (with a steralized needle) they get really red and by the end of the day they are full of puss again.... how should i go about treating these?

Same problem... noone seems to have brought up this problem and the whole process. See suppose you want to fully pop a zit so it dont come back. If you did it the way they say to do it with extreme gentleness it will never fully come out. Does the puss naturally rid it self if u leave it alone for like 2 days???

Guest fatman_uk

I only ever got them when my skin was VERY irritated/sore. Maybe you're bein too harsh when you wash/dry, or usin too much BP/too little moisturiser. Make sure you cold rinse after your wash too.

Just a guess.

-Gaz

well cause you arent poppin the 'plug'. thats why your gettting more puss. your pore is still clogged and therefore the oil can still not escape, thus puss forms.

the only way to get the plug out is too pop it harder. Most of the time, you will feel/hear a pop. And a lot of the time, i will literally shoot out of your face and onto your mirror if your close enough.

Afer that, there will probably be a little bleeding, which is normal.

Now i know what people are gonna say, so i will say it. Popping it that hard, MAY cause scars. I have been doing that for a while, and have found i DO NOT scar, and it gets rid of the pimple much faster. I do it only at night though, because the affected area will be extremely red and there will kinda be a bump. But when you wake up, it should be nothing for some dried up blood.

good luck

well cause you arent poppin the 'plug'.  thats why your gettting more puss.  your pore is still clogged and therefore the oil can still not escape, thus puss forms.

the only way to get the plug out is too pop it harder.  Most of the time, you will feel/hear a pop.  And a lot of the time, i will literally shoot out of your face and onto your mirror if your close enough.

Afer that, there will probably be a little bleeding, which is normal.

Now i know what people are gonna say, so i will say it.  Popping it that hard, MAY cause scars.  I have been doing that for a while, and have found i DO NOT scar, and it gets rid of the pimple much faster.  I do it only at night though, because the affected area will be extremely red and there will kinda be a bump.  But when you wake up, it should be nothing for some dried up blood.

good luck

that whats I do....and I get minimal scarring biggrin.gif/

I just had one last night, it had been growing in size all day, just a huge pustule with yellowish stuff inside. I think SA is the key. It helps breakdown whiteheads and blackheads. So i put some C&C SA gel on all night last night, and when i woke up, the thing was even bigger. I wasen't sure what to think, until after i took a shower and it had almost vanished in the shower. :-k So i shaved and the top of the used to be white head just peeled right off and left a little red mark.