Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noona

Excision for chicken pox?

is excision good for indented chicken pox scar?

the indented hole will be turned to a fine line?? is that line indented as well???

please share your result with excision

thanks alot

the indented hole will be turned to a fine line?? is that line indented as well???

thanks alot

I got exisions for two chicken pox marks and an acne scar. It was the best thing I have done re treatments for scarring. I was left with a fine line and the only excision scar I wasn't totally happy with was the one where the doc did not use an under the skin stitch, so I recommend to make sure your doc does.

I had excision done 2 weeks ago. One of them was a chicken pox scar. I'm not seeing much improvement. I was concern about it yesterday and called my dermatologist to see her. My scar is still indented and it is sore. At first I thought the wound came open. The doctore told me that it is fine and that there was still stitches inside. I just don't understand why it isn't a linear scar and still indented? I'm wondering if the doc. would lie to me about it? Are there another options in treating chicken pox scar or should I go for the procedure one more time?

I had excision done 2 weeks ago. One of them was a chicken pox scar. I'm not seeing much improvement. I was concern about it yesterday and called my dermatologist to see her. My scar is still indented and it is sore. At first I thought the wound came open. The doctore told me that it is fine and that there was still stitches inside. I just don't understand why it isn't a linear scar and still indented? I'm wondering if the doc. would lie to me about it? Are there another options in treating chicken pox scar or should I go for the procedure one more time?

Give it some time to heal! 2 weeks is not long enough to make a fair assessment on the success of the excision.

thanks alot

I had 10 excisions on 7/28 for acne pits on my temples. The scars are still indented and noticeable. All it really does is make them shallower, and prep them for better reuslts from a resurfacing procedure. This is my HONEST and ACCURATE assessment of the results. Yes, the indentations remain :(, but I don't know how it would look after having the excied areas planed. I also don't know if I would benefit from having all of the areas reexcised. I can still count each scar that was excised, so I know they're all still there. Also, there are still problems with the areas catching bad lighting. It's not totally gone at all, but I should comment on the fact that it did help in some way. I say this because now when I strectch the skin on my temples, they disappear! Be4 it never did that. That means they're shallower.

I was confused because my other excisions seemed to turn out alright. Those only left with linear scar. This particular chicken pox scar looks open like the way it looks before I had the procedure. It is bigger because the scar is longer now. I been keeping them moist but I have not seen any difference as of now. My fraxel treatment is in two weeks. I'm hoping to see improvements and I might bring up the option of having it re-excised. I want to believe in the doctor but I just don't understand why this scar isn't closed up like the rest. It looked closed during the 2-4th day after the procedure and a little opening during the 6th day. I personally think that the doc. took the stitches off too early for that particular scar.

i can see some are pleased with the result and some are not,,,

for those who got linear line after the excision? are these linear line still indented???

please share your result

i can see some are pleased with the result and some are not,,,

for those who got linear line after the excision? are these linear line still indented???

please share your result

I had one and it is linear and surface level. Actually its not really even noticable adn dissapears scompletely with a bit of concealer over it. THis is still pretty new too and will prob fade out completely. Masterk on here had 12 done on ice picks scars. He didnt have one single indent on his face after that and 6 fraxel treaments.

I think it all depend on the doctors technique. I think if everything goes right, we shouldn't left with very visible scars.

I think it all depend on the doctors technique. I think if everything goes right, we shouldn't left with very visible scars.

They all have different ways of doing things. The most important thing is how deep or severe is the scar and how well will u personally heal up from it. If its a deep crater there is no way it will just level out with a simple line. Theres a load of damage underneath the new scar that still needs to be treated. For little ice picks I think it is pretty foolproof though.

What is the appropriate treatment for deep scars? Any suggestions would be great and I would like to read up on it.

What is the appropriate treatment for deep scars? Any suggestions would be great and I would like to read up on it.

U would need the excision and a filler underneath to fix crater scars. The fillers are expensive and need to be done yearly but will give great results. Depneding on the amoutn of damage at the surface the crater could also need to be lightly resurfaced. Lot of stuff but will definately change a face if u ahve craters.

U would need the excision and a filler underneath to fix crater scars. The fillers are expensive and need to be done yearly but will give great results. Depneding on the amoutn of damage at the surface the crater could also need to be lightly resurfaced. Lot of stuff but will definately change a face if u ahve craters.

hello Keithr23

where did you do your excision? where is your surgeon from? please provide me with his website..

thanks alot

I did mine at Dr. SHidelers in Carmel Indiana. They have a large website if u google shideler and dermatology its the first one.

I had an excision in 3/05 on a 8mm deep boxcar. My new linear scar is indented--BUT-- looks much better than the "crater". I've had a spot CO2 in 1/06. I have self-needled, use CP serum/cream, Retin A, and have done TCA CROSS. The scar continues to gradually improve. The excisional, linear scar is definitely not as deep as it was. I believe that the scar-closer to the skin level- is easier to treat than the deep crater was. If you want to PM me with your email, I will send you my pics.

i tried two type of filling for this one chicken box scar i have.. i tried RYSTLANE &SUBCISION but didn't help much,,, i also had subdermal graft, and laser ruserfacing, nothing improved it that much ,,,,u can still see the indentation under harsh light,,, am looking for somthing that could level the surface with no indentation...

i can say that i had %40 improved so far...

After my excision, I am left with a longer scar and it is still indented. I wish the wound is closed and linear instead. I defiantely think that my doctor didn't do a good job on that scar and she used a 5mm punch tool. My overall skin is still a complete mess. Now that I read the fraxel forum, it is giving me mix feelings. I feel like nothing will help my scars. So frustrated. :mad:

am willing to do the Excision as soon as i get the chance , i have no choice, i can say that Excision would be the best option for some type of scars to be treated to level the surface and get rid of the indentation....

1)))How much Excision cost for one scar ??? AVERAGE PRICE??

my DR. will charge me $250 for one scar,too much i guess but i will pay whatever that cost me to get rid of this scar, i know there will be no gurantee but i will give it a try .. i wil just pray that the scar will not be worse than what it is..

2))How many recovery days will i need after the Excision ?

thanks.

$250 is real expensive in my opinon. Besides you would have to go for resurfacing afterwards. I have to say that my large chicken pox scar did minimize alittle bit. I paid ~$90 for first scar and $35 for the rest. You should call and ask around for the pricing.

if he's a plastic surgeon I think he'd charge more. B/c I think in general they do. I don't think it should be an issue b/c I think this is a very ify procedure. I think it should be based on their exp., technq., etc.

yes he a plastic surgeon . he has experience for + 18 years...

how much time do i need for the stiches to be removed? time of healing?

thanks for sharing..