Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
varisha

Varisha's Accutane Log 40mg

HEY ALL!

WOW I finally started accutane after years of hell dealing with the nasty creature we call acne. Well a little about my skin history:

When I was around 11 my skin started getting oily and I started getting these monstrous pimples, especially on the nose (the most prominent area too!)..at the time I was illiterate about acne and obviously the most suitable thing for me to do was to pop them...i'm still suffering the consequences in the form of hypertrophic scars on my nose :'(

anyway, over the years the acne became worse, I got blackheads and bacne too..i tried several over-the-counter treatments to control the oil, pimples and blackheads...some stupid and some semi-successful..the acne was never severe, but it did leave occasional scars and the oil was out of control

it wasn't until i started proactiv about 3 years ago that the active pimples could be controlled..however, the day i stopped using it, there they popped up again...and the oil couldn't be controlled at all..it didnt help with the blackheads either (which plug practically every single pore on my nose)..it was also expensive and something i'd have to be on forever if my sebaceous glands never calmed down

so i decided that i had to go on accutane as a last resort...i wanted to go on it earlier, but the side effects i read about freaked me out..however i finally drew up the courage to ask my doc abt it..i was worried that no dermatologist would prescribe it to me because i dont have severe acne as i had kept it somewhat controlled, so it looked a better than it really is...i have moderate acne right now, mainly comedonal and bacne as well as small chest breakouts and i definitely needed it, and im glad my derm thought so too!

i'm 19F, 5'6" and 114 lbs

I started on September 30..so today is Day 7 on the drug

Side Effects: chapped lips

I've a question for the accutane veterans...does it completely clear away your blackheads and does it reduce your pore size?

DAY 9

I thought my skin was getting drier, but i think it's just a psychological effect from reading everyone's log...it's still oily and my hair is even oilier than before :wacko:

i keep asking my mom if it's getting drier and i think she's getting annoyed :think:

anyway, the only side effect right now is slightly drier lips

DAY 11

my skin still hasn't dried up :cry: ..however i'm glad that it hasn't worsened..the existing pimples are slowly healing...

the only side effect right now would be chapped, dry lips..i HATE putting on lip balm! also i'm constantly feeling thirsty :wacko:

I thought I would never dry up my oil on Tane either. Oil is a HUGE problem for me. It took me about 3 weeks to see the oil eliminated. I am oil free but not real dry like everyone else seems to be. I can go without lotion for the most part just a dab here and there.

Yah i drink so much water now. I think I peed probably 8 times at work today. I keep alternating between different bathrooms so the same employees don't think I have some disease. oh wait...

I thought I would never dry up my oil on Tane either. Oil is a HUGE problem for me. It took me about 3 weeks to see the oil eliminated. I am oil free but not real dry like everyone else seems to be. I can go without lotion for the most part just a dab here and there.

the oil bothers me more than the pimples..this girl once told me that see could see her reflection in my face :redface::mad:

i should have ur nick! ...lol

Yah i drink so much water now. I think I peed probably 8 times at work today. I keep alternating between different bathrooms so the same employees don't think I have some disease. oh wait...

lol..i feel ya!

Yup, the oil is literally heavy on my face and I feel so dirty even after 30 min washing it. Im still getting pimples but the oil is 95% gone. So in time the zits should go since the gobs of oil is the culprit.

Yes, you can see reflections in my face too. I've never seen anyone like me so now there is 2 of us. You're not alone girl!

hey varisha,

i'm about 5-6 days behind you. I'm still pretty oily as well.... Just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck....

and your pic is gorgeous! ... hope everything works out great!

Yup, the oil is literally heavy on my face and I feel so dirty even after 30 min washing it. Im still getting pimples but the oil is 95% gone. So in time the zits should go since the gobs of oil is the culprit.

Yes, you can see reflections in my face too. I've never seen anyone like me so now there is 2 of us. You're not alone girl!

do you have really large pores too?

y dont u start a log?

hey varisha,

i'm about 5-6 days behind you. I'm still pretty oily as well.... Just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck....

and your pic is gorgeous! ... hope everything works out great!

thanks so much...good luck to you too! can't wait till we're done!

varisha,

all my blackheads dried up at about day 40. There are a few white clogging some of thw pores, but no more blackheads. also, the pores on my face are completely changing and getting smaller. it will happen for you. You may need a higher dose eventually, but stick to this for a bit and see what happens.

do you have really large pores too?

y dont u start a log?

Yep, my pores are huge. My blackheads become hard and come out but soon return. I dunno whats going on the Tane not as good as I hoped. Maybe things will change later in the course. I like reading other ppls log I rather not start a log Im rather boring :doubt:

varisha,

all my blackheads dried up at about day 40. There are a few white clogging some of thw pores, but no more blackheads. also, the pores on my face are completely changing and getting smaller. it will happen for you. You may need a higher dose eventually, but stick to this for a bit and see what happens.

do they just fall out, or did you squeeze them out?

Yep, my pores are huge. My blackheads become hard and come out but soon return. I dunno whats going on the Tane not as good as I hoped. Maybe things will change later in the course. I like reading other ppls log I rather not start a log Im rather boring

haha...im rather boring too..but oh well

i've the same problem with blackheads :(...i could usually cover up the blackheads and large pores with makeup and my skin would look okay, but ever since i went on tane, i think the hardest thing is not being able to wear make up (my derm advised against it), and having to go out w/o it...especially cause i've been totally addicted to coverup since grade 7 :'(

are you on the worsening phase with ur tane treatment?

DAY 14

firstly>>HAPPY Friday the 13th evryone!!! :lol:...(i'm not superstitious)

so today was like 7 degrees celsius with craaazy winds and is it just me or does skin become really sensitive to the cold on accutane? my face felt like i was gonna get frostbite! omg i can't imagine how its gonna be in december :shock:

lol..ok this is totally random: i saw a a bunch of pieces of fir tree branches rolling across the street..they reminded me of tumbleweed *sigh*..i'd do anything to be in a nice, warm place whr they actually have those

so back on topic:

i got a new papule on my on my chin...side effects: skin still hasn't dried up, but the lips are peeling now and they're constantly red :confused: ...looks like i've lipstick on all the time :eh:

DAY 16

the oil still hasn't dried up!

lips r more severe now with the peeling, the vaseline isn't much effective, i think i'm gonna switch to aquaphor if i can find it

the new breakout on my chin is healing now, before accutane the process wud take longer

DAY 16

lips r more severe now with the peeling, the vaseline isn't much effective, i think i'm gonna switch to aquaphor if i can find it

the new breakout on my chin is healing now, before accutane the process wud take longer

my oil hasnt dried up either!!! what is going on!???!? hmm.. and i'm still on day 8 :eh:

Have most everyone had their oil go away within the first two weeks or is this normal??

thanks!

sorry to hear about your lips. i am surprised that vaseline is not working. aquaphor is a tad thicker so this should help.

:cry: i can't find aquaphor anywhere though! (im in canada)...i looked in the lotion area too

DAY 16

my oil hasnt dried up either!!! what is going on!???!? hmm.. and i'm still on day 8 :eh:

Have most everyone had their oil go away within the first two weeks or is this normal??

thanks!

actually today i feel a lot drier! it's not compeltely dry, like peeling and flaking or anything, but my face is no longer shiny or very oily.

i think it depends on the person and the dose..my skin is realllly oily, thats the main reason im on this crap! i'd give it at least 2 to 3 weeks...

Hey Varisha. Hope everything is going well! Glad you're feeling drier. Make sure you keep drinking lots of water so your skin doesn't get too dried out. Trust me, one day you will wake up and the dryness will hit you hard!

Peace.

Mike

Did you try looking for aquaphor in the lotion aisle? Also you can buy it on ebay, and at drugstore.com(if they ship to Canda) Try buying online if you really want to try it. On ebay you can get trial size tubes that are better to carry around.

DAY 19

i can feel my skin getting tighter, and the texture is improving...the blackheads on my nose aren't as noticeable! and the tiny breakouts on my face are subsiding..i have one new pustule on my jaw though

in terms of side effects, aside from the annoyingly dry and irritated lips, the inside of my nose is also dry and feels really uncomfortable..what did pple use for that?

Mike: thanks for the reality check :redface: ...how come u switched to 20 mg?

varisha, try dr. dans cortibalm then. the link is on jamie lynns log.

Did you try looking for aquaphor in the lotion aisle? Also you can buy it on ebay, and at drugstore.com(if they ship to Canda) Try buying online if you really want to try it. On ebay you can get trial size tubes that are better to carry around.