Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So...this is my first time and hopefully only time on Accutane...or tane as I see most people call it. It is a lot easier to type that, so...maybe I'll call it that. So....I guess my acne is kinda moderate but doesn't everybody who has it thinks it's actually worse than they have it? I dunno, I do mind sometimes when I break out and nothing works. But then I don't mind it when it doesn't look too bad and I don't feel like everybody stares at me because, after all, aren't I the only one within eyesight that has acne? It seems like it sometimes. I guess you guys don't mind me complaining, if there are any complaints which I hope there won't be...but...yeah...about the dryness, peeling, and stuff like that? Any support would greatly help! I recently had to restore my computer, so I don't have any pics of myself on here.

I took my first pill last night around 11:00. I felt this was best for me, since I don't eat a lot in the morning unless it's around 10:00 or 11:00...which has been the best time for you? Also, I'm going to wash with cetaphil every morning like the doc said...but is there anything else I can use to speed up the process or help with it? More Later.

Guest ThereIsHope

Good luck! I'll be starting accutane as well in a week or two! Hope you clear up soon! :D

Also, how many mgs are you starting out on ???

Good luck! I'll be starting accutane as well in a week or two! Hope you clear up soon! :D

Also, how many mgs are you starting out on ???

I'm starting out on 40 mgs once a day because I have a history of moderately high cholesterol...even though I'm only 17...and my doc doesn't want that, my tryglicerides and enzymes to go up. I dunno when or if I'll be upping the dosage or not...

hey..good luck with your treatment!

i started a week ago on the same dose, and my skin is slightly drier now

hey..good luck with your treatment!

i started a week ago on the same dose, and my skin is slightly drier now

Thanks! Good luck with yours too!

I have a question for whoever will answer. Well, actually a couple. What is the aloe vera gel do that I've read about? I've read that a couple people put it on their faces at night time? Also, is there anything I can use that will reduce scarring? I've also read that some people use apple cider vinegar for their red marks after acne? Is that after tane or with another regimen? What is Vitamin B taken for?

I know, that's too many questions...but if somebody can answer them...that would be awesomely great...

hey congrats on gettin tane.Im on day 21 and so far so good.my derm and from what ive read on these board you really should'nt use anything on your face.Just wash with a gentle cleanser and mositurize.aloe vera can be use as a moisturizer but for me it can be kinda drying.and accutane will dry your skin out so you really dont need anything else.About the vit b im really not sure but I know that taking fish oil and vit e they help minimize the side effects and keep your body balanced .accutane is a pretty strong drug so you really have to take care of yourself.search the accutane FAO you will find alot of info there.hoped this helped.good luck:)

Thanks so much or your help! Last night I took my fourth pill. There's not really much difference in the oiliness of my face, but there's only been a couple new pimples come up instead of like 3 or 4 a day. I dunno if the medicine works that quick for me or not, or maybe it's just been a good couple days. I have those every once in awhile. I won't break out for a few days and my face will be getting to look like it's going to clear up. But then it breaks out again. Sorry, I have just one more question. I have a problem with picking them when they look gross...will that give me scars right now or when my skin starts getting thin like I've read on other's logs? Ta-ta for now...

:D Good day today! My face is almost clear...and I got a couple comments the past week about it clearing up. But I know I still have a loooonnnggg way to go and many more breakouts before I'm all clear permanently. I'm just leaving a note to say hey everybody and I'm doing good! The end of week 2 is tomorrow!