Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Littlefingers

New to Board-hoping for some help

Hey, I am new to this board but definitely not new to acne. Currently I am using the acne cure and I have been relatively clear. After browsing this website I decided to try what some of you recommend to get rid of indents and red marks. Microdermabrasion failed to remove any red marks and I think it made my indents more noticable. I also had no luck with the CP from skinbio. I just ordered pure deming in hopes it will smooth out my complexion. I would like to try a peel, and was wondering if I should use glycolic or lactic and what percentage I should start off with?

I appreciate any replies as I am so depressed about my face I hate waking up in the morning. Im trying not to let it control my life, but the more I try the more I want to look in a mirror and cry. sad.gifsad.gif

I havent tried mandelic acid but I have been thinking about it because I have heard positive results. From what I can make out, mandelic acid can be used every day. I also wanted a weekly lactic or glycolic but I do not know what percentage to use. Im so impatient with the redmarks. I need more patience!!!!! My derm insisted Retin A would remove them/lighten them, but the only thing retin a did was provide me with cysts. I am so upset. Everytime I look at my face I just want to cry. I find myself looking in every mirror in every lighting to see how my face looks or if my make up came off. These redmarks and indents are taking over my life!!!!!!!

If you could kindly suggest a weekly peel or either lactic or glycolic and what percentage to start off with I would greatly appreciate it. I dont want to start off with something to strong.

Thank you so much. I am so glad there is a message board about this. It helps so much knowing what is worth a try and what seems to be a waste to somebody.