Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

Could this be possible??

Guest ThereIsHope

Okay. I know diet doesn't affect everyone's acne. I doesn't seem to affect mine, BUT I just realized something.

My acne is genetic and hormonal. So is my 3 other biological sister's acne.

HOWEVER, I have the absolute worst acne out of the 4 of us. My younger sister who is 15 has the most mild acne i've ever seen. Its so weird. I've thought about this lloonnnggg and hard, and the ONLY thing that seems to be different between me and my sister's diet is that I growing up drank ttooonnnsss of milk. I would seriously go through a gallon in about 3 days. My two older sisters drank milk, but no where near the amount that I did, maybe just a couple of small glasses a week, or with cereal or something. But my little sister HATES milk and hasn't drank it since she was in elementary school. She literally gags at the taste of it.

I know milk has tons of hormones in it which are bad for you, so i'm wondering if this is all somehow related?? Is my little sisters acne super mild because she didnt grow up drinking milk??

I stopped drinking milk about 2 months ago after learning about the hormones and stuff. I can honestly say I don't see a huge difference, but maybe all the years of drinking gallons and gallons of milk have affected my system permenantly??? :think:

I would be thankful for anyone else's take on this thoery.....

This is one of the oldest acne questions there is.

It would make logical sense that if you verified that milk was the culprit and you stopped drinking it then yes, it would mean you've done some permanent damage.

However just because you caused some damage to your body doesnt mean that the fix would be to stop drinking milk.

You need blood tests to check for hormonal balance, etc etc

Guest ThereIsHope

Ok, but once I have my hormones checked what do they do about it??

I'm taking EPO and flaxseed oil.......those help with hormone balance right? What else helps??

Thanks!

Saw palmetto

But... as I found out it seems that antiandrogens will increase your oiliness at first. You'll have more free roaming testerone since it can't be converted into a more potent form of DHT as effectively anymore.

I took 320mg twice daily and I saw things on my face which I should never see anymore.

I didn't take it last night and this morning I woke up with the amount of oil that I would normally have an hour after shower (= good).

Perhaps I should take it slower and cut my dosage.

I am the only one in my family who doesn't drink milk at all, i HATE IT. I also have the worst acne in my family.

... i used to eat almost no dairy because it's pretty gross, but I just recently started eating cream cheese every day because I take accutane with breakfast and it's the easiest way to get the fat.

My acne is genetic and is affected by diet....

My dad had acne since he was 13, and he still has acne 40 years later....

Life sucks........ ^______^