Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laura lou

I have such a bad problem

.....My problem right now is not being able to keep eye contact with anyone for more than a few seconds. Ive been like this for years, but lately its got pretty bad! I think its all due to my acne coz whenever i talk to someone, i cant look at them without thinkin that they are completely examining my skin. I'd like to think my friends dont take too much notice of my skin though!

But when i was in class today, i was talkin to my teacher and he was standing right in front of my face...and i was soo self conscious and i couldnt keep eye contact. Im terrible! I'm even worse when im talkin to boys! Ugh..its soo awkward

Also, when i talk with my mum or somethin, and she looking at me, i get kinda snappy some times and im lie "dont look at my face...its horrible" and then she'll say somethin like "im not lookin at your skin, im lookin at your eyes". I dont know whats the matter with me. Acne has taken every lil bit of self confidence away from me. Today (like most days) i felt like the ugly one in my class coz everyone else looks great with their nice skin!

Sorry...i needed to get that out....i havent had a great skin day at all today!

I have the same issue... looking someone right in the face? Its pretty difficult lol. I had to pose for this storyboard picture project we did in my production and design class... and yeaa... in every picture i was deliberately NOT looking at anyone in the face lol, even when i had to pose as if i were talking to them... it looked really unrealistic.

Laura, you have one of the most adorable faces I've ever seen and you should be damn proud of it..you are very attractive and when people get up close to talk to you that means they don't think you have a skin problem because if they did they would sort of back away and give you some space, you know? I was really bad for eye contact for almost 3 years but it was getting really annoying not being able to look at people during a big intense conversation or even when someone was telling me a funny story, so I tried testing myself to see how long I could look someone in the eye when I was talking to them..and you know what after a while you stop thinking about your skin and actually pay attention to what someone is telling you! Try it and see if it makes a difference, because youre too damn cute to worry about your skin

Laura, you have one of the most adorable faces I've ever seen and you should be damn proud of it..you are very attractive and when people get up close to talk to you that means they don't think you have a skin problem because if they did they would sort of back away and give you some space, you know? I was really bad for eye contact for almost 3 years but it was getting really annoying not being able to look at people during a big intense conversation or even when someone was telling me a funny story, so I tried testing myself to see how long I could look someone in the eye when I was talking to them..and you know what after a while you stop thinking about your skin and actually pay attention to what someone is telling you! Try it and see if it makes a difference, because youre too damn cute to worry about your skin

thankyou!!!

it sucks not bein able to keep eye contact...i feel like im being rude to the people who talk to me! I just get so paranoid, but i will give it a try trying to keep eye contact for longer! Coz im hoping to get a job soon, and when i have interviews, people will think im just pure rude for not looking them in the face!

I was doing that all day today! especially close up to someone. good thing it was a half day I couldnt take the pressure!

i had half a day as well....soo glad! hate when teachers come right up to my face, i freak out!

tell me if this makes any sense at all...

if you don't hold eye contact with someone, they will examine you....

1. because if they cant look at your eyes, your face is the next thing they'll focus on.

2. if your fidgeting around they'll stare at you and wonder what your problem is.

I had that problem too. and then I realized... people naturally look at other peoples eyes first... so let them look into your eyes... if you keep eye contact, so will they and they can't stare at your face if they're staring into your eyes..

ps. you're beautiful never doubt it.

Im still the same way even after im clear it's gettinga bit better though

I always used to look down and stuff or to the side lol

it seems awkward constantly staring at the other person though as there eyes pick apart every flaw you seem to have :confused:

hope u break out of it though..it's hard

thats really not good. u have to learn to make eye contact, its bad when ur talking to someone and all they do is look at the ground. just dont stare at them for too long, make a break and look away for a second

I used to be like that, I'd just totally stare at the ground or somewhere in the complete opposite direction when someone was talking to me :confused: but then I started thinking about how it must look to other people, and I started looking people in the eyes again. I think lovebea is right, if your not looking directly at someone's eyes then they can scan your whole face more because they know you can't see you whereas if you keep eye contact with them they're more likely to look in your eyes when you speak to them. Next time you talk to someone try and hold eye contact and then build it up from there! I still can't hold it for long though but at least it doesn't seem like i'm just blanking them anymore aha :angel: