Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I take vitamin c , zinc, vitamin a , and vitamin e tablets everyday. Ok ive been on the regiem for over a year and it helped me a bit but i was always waking up with puss filled spots almost everyday.

i started taking vitamins about 2 months ago and my skin has completly cleared up , still cant belive it. i was still using the bp gel while taking them but i went on holdidays recently for 2 weeks and forgot dans gel and i didnt get 1 spot. when not using it. has this worked for anyone else?

I did notice that zinc cleared my skin too... 50mg a day.

Zinc will really help. However, I had to take 150mg a day for perfectly clear skin -- which I liked -- but I became sick at my stomach after taking them :P

I did notice that zinc cleared my skin too... 50mg a day.

Zinc will really help. However, I had to take 150mg a day for perfectly clear skin -- which I liked -- but I became sick at my stomach after taking them :P

i heard zinc can help too, but I tried it and unfortunately it did nothing for me.

good job though, i'm glad you found something that works for you. personally I haven't had any luck with supplements (although accutane is kind of like a mega-dose of vit a and that is helping me.)

I see your from northern ireland with ur flag? can u tell me where you got your supplments and what brand they were? im from the UK as well and i cannot find vitamin A pills in any supermarket.

I see your from northern ireland with ur flag? can u tell me where you got your supplments and what brand they were? im from the UK as well and i cannot find vitamin A pills in any supermarket.

Tesco???

ok one thing that bugs me (not to complain) is when people say i take vit..... yet dont give doses and severity of acne... can you please give doses and severity of acne?

I agree :)

I take vitamin c , zinc, vitamin a , and vitamin e tablets everyday. Ok ive been on the regiem for over a year and it helped me a bit but i was always waking up with puss filled spots almost everyday.

i started taking vitamins about 2 months ago and my skin has completly cleared up , still cant belive it. i was still using the bp gel while taking them but i went on holdidays recently for 2 weeks and forgot dans gel and i didnt get 1 spot. when not using it. has this worked for anyone else?

Lambam, can you write down the how much you take of each vitamin. And do you take real vit A or is i beta carotene?

Lambam, can you write down the how much you take of each vitamin. And do you take real vit A or is i beta carotene?

i take 1 vitamin e 400 i.u. , 2 zinc 15mg each, 1 vitamin c 1000mg and 2 vitamin a 6mg each. im taking beta carotene but iv had real vitamin a before the guy in the shop told me theyre the same thing.

kingpin343 i get them in that health shop ' holland and barret' iv never seen them in supermarkets myself.

i take 1 vitamin e 400 i.u. , 2 zinc 15mg each, 1 vitamin c 1000mg and 2 vitamin a 6mg each. im taking beta carotene but iv had real vitamin a before the guy in the shop told me theyre the same thing.

kingpin343 i get them in that health shop ' holland and barret' iv never seen them in supermarkets myself.

umm you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to go natural on the vitamin A trust me your body can handle so much more NATURAL vitamin A than the synthetic stuff, and at 6 mg's 2X's a day i dunno about that... at least look into it... if you go natural (with docs authority ofcourse) you could take as much as 500,000 IU's a day (i think thats like 50 or 500 mg's??)

What? do you actually think im gona go to the doctor and ask can i take vitamin a? why would i want to take 500,000 i.us when my skins doing fine now?

:eh:

I know holland and barret, we got one in town. I got my Pentothenic Acid from there... I'll see about vitamin A, i got all the rest from Tesco lol

OK, thank you Lambam!

BS you were cleared with taking just that. Don't give false hope to people please.

i do have read about some people clearing up with increased dosage of zinc and other vitamins.

for me, though, lambam's dosage aint enough.

BS you were cleared with taking just that. Don't give false hope to people please.

Well it worked for me. The regimen is false hope mate.

Well i brought...

Vitamin A - 15mg

Vitamin C - 1000mg

Vitamin E - 400 i.u. (what ever that means!?!?!)

Zinc - 15mg

Lets see what happens in a few weeks. I dont have Acne as such but i still have red marks and oily skin :(

yea your right if your clear on just 12 mg's why take more (i thought that was alot but it isnt, sorry for that idiodic post)

good luck i will try vitamins to clear my skin (fuck the pharma pills crap) i hat etaking pills (pharmaceutical pills that is) time to go all natural

its not necessarily All natural, all agree?, but i guess to some extent somewhat more natural. ;)