Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elvisj

regimen after almost a year

I stumbled upon dan's regimen last december and decided to give it a try. Although I did not see any results for some time, I had nothing to lose so I stuck with it. Eventually my skin got much better. I was in the army when I started it, and I suspect shaving twice a day (beard grows fast) and the constant sweating had much to do with my breakouts. Now I am out, shaving much less often, but I still have regular breakouts, pretty much every day. They are very small and rather trivial to some other peoples problems, but they drive me nuts. They usually don't even make it to whiteheads before they die out, but just remain a little red bump for a day or two (usually hidden under my shaggy look) and then fade away.

This is what I do exactly:

Morning:

Dan's Cleanser in the shower, liberal application of bp after skin is dryish. Moisturize with cetaphil aha lotion.

Evening:

Exactly the same.

I thought it might be that the bp wasn't absorbing into my skin because I wasn't clean shaven anymore, but after trying for a couple of weeks, I've seen no effect. I do have rather oily skin (seemingly hereditary) but I try to use oil absorbing towlettes whenever I get a chance to keep the buildup down. I rarely touch my face as a rule and wash my sheets and pillowcases often to keep bacteria off them. As to my pre-regimen condition, it was more of the before mentioned condition. I mostly broke out where I shaved, along my jaw, almost on my neck, high on my cheek bones and on my chin and upper lip. What am I missing dan? I am bummed out about this.

im sad that nobody's posted on this.

Anyways, there's no perfect regimen for everyone. I guess you've become BP resistant. If it's nothing too much to worry about, then I guess dont worry about it. I really have no comment, I just wanna let you know that somebody's read your thread and wishes you best on getting clear.

for some reason im not surprised

looking through this section it seems like most of the people on csr still have breakouts or have gotten worse

thats why i dont use bp anymore :dance:

I stumbled upon dan's regimen last december and decided to give it a try. Although I did not see any results for some time, I had nothing to lose so I stuck with it. Eventually my skin got much better. I was in the army when I started it, and I suspect shaving twice a day (beard grows fast) and the constant sweating had much to do with my breakouts. Now I am out, shaving much less often, but I still have regular breakouts, pretty much every day. They are very small and rather trivial to some other peoples problems, but they drive me nuts. They usually don't even make it to whiteheads before they die out, but just remain a little red bump for a day or two (usually hidden under my shaggy look) and then fade away.

This is what I do exactly:

Morning:

Dan's Cleanser in the shower, liberal application of bp after skin is dryish. Moisturize with cetaphil aha lotion.

Evening:

Exactly the same.

I thought it might be that the bp wasn't absorbing into my skin because I wasn't clean shaven anymore, but after trying for a couple of weeks, I've seen no effect. I do have rather oily skin (seemingly hereditary) but I try to use oil absorbing towlettes whenever I get a chance to keep the buildup down. I rarely touch my face as a rule and wash my sheets and pillowcases often to keep bacteria off them. As to my pre-regimen condition, it was more of the before mentioned condition. I mostly broke out where I shaved, along my jaw, almost on my neck, high on my cheek bones and on my chin and upper lip. What am I missing dan? I am bummed out about this.

Have you changed cleansers or moisturizers? maybe one of those is causing your breakouts. The combo of AHA moisturizer and shaving may be too much exfoliation for your skin? Or you may only need to moisturize once a day if your skin is naturally oily. I'm no expert, I'm only on Day 6 of the CSR myself, just making some suggestions from things I've read around here. Don't be bummed! :) Keep huntin around til you find out what's causing it....

Hi,

When someone has been on the CSR for a long time, and then finds it isn't working anymore, Dan says that usually the person has slacked off on the amount of BP, or they are no longer being as gentle as they should.

Read through the biggest mistakes page and see if anything raises a red flag for you:

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

When you say you apply a liberal amount of BP, exactly how much are you using?

Also what razor are you using and what is your shaving method?

Do you use the lather from your cleanser or a shave cream?

Give us more details and perhaps we can figure this out and get you back on track!!

thats the thing, I am not shaving, at least not often. My skin is clear in spells, 2 or 3 days at a time I feel wonderful, next day its breakout doludrums. I have not changed any moisturizer or cleanser since I began. My skin is much better than it was before I started, I have pictures to prove that, and I have certainly not been slacking, I have been using up my regular amount, just like I always have.

Dan has said before that he finds shaving regularly to be pretty important.

If you are not shaving every day, perhaps this might help if you give it a try.

Are you shaving with your cleanser?