Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovebea

LEVULAN WITH IPL or BLULIGHT

I had horrible cystic acne. HORRIBLE. hurt like hell to touch my face.

I've gone through 3 of the 4 treatments and I don't have a single cyst. I remember my last one... I wasn't as inflammed and it went quickly. That was over a month ago. I have my final treatment on the 17th. I'll be glad when it's over. But I'm cyst free. I don't have any forming under the skin. Just a few blackheads and tiny pimples taht haven't surfaced. that's about it. now it's time to take action on the hyperpigmentation and rolling scars (so if you know anything let me know!!!)

things to keep in mind:

-redness, peeling

7 to 8 days (for me)

-it's painful with the IPL.

-i had to take codine after the treatment cuz my face was really hot, I had to keep a fan on it until I fell asleep. The next day it doesn't hurt at all. JUST LOOKS AWEFUL.

-DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED AFTER THE FIRST OR SECOND TREATMENT... everyone reacts differently. But me personally... my acne got much worse.

IT HAS TO GET WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER

But it's worth it.

NO CYSTS. ALL GONE.

results are said to last up to 18 months. (hopefully that gives the body enough time to grow out of acne) __levulan was origionally used for cancer patients, like cancer... levulan puts acne into remission. LITERALLY> remission.

the science... sort and sweet. kills the p.bateria that is acne.

after oct. 17 I will wait 6 months and get a routine touch up with levulan. hopefully my acne won't come back. but if it does (because there is no guarentee......... ACNE IS COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE) I will go through another 4 treatment round.

4 treatments, 4 weeks apart.

300 bux a go.

but it can be much more expensive.

shop around.

if you know anything about rolling scars and hyperpigmentation. let me know please. i don't have cysts. can't wait to say I have no marks, too!!

Guest ~Wolfy~

Glad it worked for you.

The results from other people with Levulan see to be mixed however, about 30% see a big improvement, about 30% see no change and about 30% see their acne get (significantly) worse.

I had this same treatment done a little over a year ago.. mine was extremely painful but i think it depends on the severity of your acne. My dermatologist told me that it would clear my acne for good and i shouldn't get anymore breakouts at all.. well so much for that lol. I will say that it cleared up for a few months after I had it done.. but then it slowly started coming back. I really hope it works for ya!

did it do anythign for ur redmarks cus i was going to as my derm if the aestatician could do photodynamic therapy wich i think is the same thing as what u had done. but i was just wondering if it treated acne oily skin and redmarks at the same time cus that would be amazing? and did the size of ur pores look smaller after ur treatments??

I swear by this too! I only had one treatment, but the levulan was on for 6 hours and the results... amazing! I have been completely clear except one pimple on my upper lip and that is already going away. This IS painful,VERY painful! The light is the worst, you feel like your face is melting off! Afterwards, you're just burnt and tight. It does look awful at first and I did break out in little white pimples everywhere for about two days all around my nose and mouth! Then the peeling starts! As long as you have a sense of humor you're good! I sang the song from 'Nightmare on Elm Street' because that's who I looked like... Freddy Krueger! After that though it's like a whole new face! I still have red marks, but they are fading! I was told to use something with Salicylic acid in it to cleanse afterwards and they also suggested some glycolic peels to help maintain!

after you got this done did you have to use topicals anymore or do u just keep going back in for more of the treatment instead of the use of topicals?

after you got this done did you have to use topicals anymore or do u just keep going back in for more of the treatment instead of the use of topicals?

no, I don't use topicals. I just use proactiv for the little pimples. I just had my fourth treatment yesterday. so i look like a cherry today. I haven't had a cyst in 5 weeks, which is amazing because I had severe cystic acne. It's said to last up to 18 months. so any doctor that says it cures acne for life is an idiot... because nothing can cure acne, that's been proven. and it isn't the lasers that create more acne, so ignore the posts above. if you acne gets worse from this procedure, it would've gotten worse with or without it. and I'm supposed to have my last treatment in 4 weeks. and then 6 months later I will have another for matinence. it's the 'safe alternative to accutane'. my dermatologist stressed that accutane would be a mistake. I think so too. this treatment also helps with some scarring... red marks... hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. but mostly... it saved my face from the pain of cysts.

if you have nodular acne, I'd say it worked for me, maybe it will work for you.

but there's no guarentee, it all depends on the person.

I didnt know they used IPL for acne?

They told me the ipl activates the levulan. I guess the levulan alone is not as or not at all effective, I don't know which.