Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JitsuGrappler

How many of you tan for acne purposes?

I just quit tanning the other day, i have been tanning on and off for about 5 years, usually just 2-3 times a week, 12-15 minutes in the bed. I always feel guilty though after tanning because of the high risk of skin cancer. I tan easily, but still reading all these articals just made me quit. But god i love tanning, when my face is somewhat tan, makes all my acne scars un-noticable. I have mild acne but it seems to do wonders. Anyone else here in the same position?

If i have noticibly active zits I don't tan. When my zits are mostly gone I tan 2-3 times a week for 15 minutes each time to help blend in my "classic tan" tinted moisturizer to cover up my red marks so my face looks perfect.

I don't go to tanning beds, but in the summer I ma not shy in the sun, I have to admit and I feel ahmeful about it too. It does make skin look so much better-esp. when you're really fair like me. Red mrks stick out like crazy and a nice tan can mean no makeup!

I don't like those tanning beds. The tans look so fake, no offense to anyone that uses them. I'm pale and I like it that way... though I guess having a nice tan does conceal redmarks and whatnot.

Be careful with tanning beds they can cause skin cancer. I'm sure there is lot's of research out there check some of it out and weigh up the pro's and con's.

I avoid exposure to UV rays, whether from the sun or from tanning beds. I admit that I'm not so much worried about skin cancer as about premature aging. Pure vanity.

Cam >B)

I used to tan, but it was for two reasons:

1. I had never had a tan, even as a kid I didn't like the outdoors... then I started skating and every summer was spent in a rink. I figured since my skin had basically not seen the sun, that a few rays would be good for me, vit D and all that.

2. acne. I thought I would try it and it worked, beautifully. My active acne was not nearly as noticable and I loved it!

I was a careful tanner, I never did more than 20 minutes a week and took time off every few months. I also used proper lotion and protection. I only tanned for about a year which was over a year ago, but plan on starting again this month.

There are studies saying good things about tanning, and scary things, there are obviously wayyyyyy more studies on how bad it can be. Tanning got a bad rap years ago and it will never get away from it.

I've actually just come up from our cellar, where we keep our tanning-thing :P

My mum has psoriasis (don't know if that's the way of spelling it in english), and tanning helps her - that's why we have our own.

It helps me, and I'm honestly not really worried about skin cancer. I just don't believe there's a higher risk of cancer from a tanning bed, than from the sun. Can't see the logic in it.

Though, I do use sunscreen, lying there :P

I even splash myself with some saltwater, as I am practically clear after two weeks in the south. Italy, or some place like that. Dunno if it works, but I figured it wouldn't hurt :P