Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
juster18

Benzoyl Peroxide, SA, and other store products?

hey guys,

I battled acne for the last 5 years. As soon as it showed up I bought that Proactiv stuff and used it for a year. Since then I have been going back and forth between different treatments using SA or Benzoyl Peroxide, and other topical cleansers, toners, and creams at the store. I always gave each product a fair shot but nothing ever seemed to clear me up completely.

About 2 months ago I read this thing about apple cider vinegar. I decided to quit all my products and just apply ACV twice a day. I was scared to death because for years I was using so much BP on my face. I was afraid I would break out so badly.

I can happily say that for the first time in years I am 100 percent clear. The pimples I would get from shaving are gone, the pimples from my oily forehead are gone. My skin texture has improved. The gross lines that BP gives you went away.

Seriously, I cannot believe I spent all those years spending hundreds of dollars on all those stupid cosmetics when simple Heinz ACV for like 2 dollars has totally cleared me up.

I think for a lot of people, these products that we buy from the store actually irritate our acne even worse, or even produce acne in places where we never even had it to begin with. It may seem like it's helping at first, but then everything goes downhill.

I seriously used to cry after shaving because i would get tons of ingrown hairs that would turn into pimples, and i relaized it was due to the BP i was slathering all over my face. Since using ACV, I can still see some irritation but it doesn't turn into a pimples at all.

I think for people that suffer from cystic type acne, this may not be a solution. But i think a lot of people here suffer from acne that is largely caused by the massive amounts of products we use on our face.

I encourage you all to read about ACV. It has alpha hydroxy acids in it, and it neautralizes the Ph level of your skin. It is also antibacterial and fights againsts the P. Acne bacteria, so it will get the job done just like BP or SA, but without irritation.

Sounds good. I 'm glad it worked for you.

I also went cold turkey recently with the BP and soap.

What do you do exactly with the Apple Cider Vinegar?

How often?

How long did it take you to see results?

How long have you been 100 percent clear?

Do you do anything else? Use soap etc?

Thanks.

Sounds good. I 'm glad it worked for you.

I also went cold turkey recently with the BP and soap.

What do you do exactly with the Apple Cider Vinegar?

How often?

How long did it take you to see results?

How long have you been 100 percent clear?

Do you do anything else? Use soap etc?

Thanks.

I apply the ACV with a cotton ball as if it was a toner. For the first week or so it really would sting bad, and felt like it was burning my face. But trust me, it is not. Your face might get read, but it goes away.

I do this twice a day. In the shower, I wash my face with Basis soap and thats all. I get out, and apply the ACV and I am done. I used to spend hours in the bathroom trying to do different things to my face. Now it takes like 3 minutes and I'm 100 percent clear.

I saw results within the first few days, and I have remained 99-100 percent clear for 2 months now.