Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Willc

a little advice?

hello my name is will im 16 years old and i have had pretty consistent mild acne for about 2 years now. About 3 months ago i started using Pro activ solution and it has worked very well clearing up my skin. The only downside is dry skin. I just went to my dermatologist today and she prescribed

Clindamycin Phosphate (Topical Solution) USP 1%

I also use Cetaphil facial cleanser in the shower.

Has anyone had success or failure with the clindamycin ? How should i cure my dry skin?

-will

Do you plan to use both the proactive products and the clindamycin? If you are getting dry, the clindamycin may dry you out more - it can do that to some people. For me, it made my skin look really shiney - but other than that I didn't have any problems with it. It does a good job at reducing inflamation. Do you use any moisturizer right now?

My personal experince with "Clindamycin Phosphate (Topical Solution) USP 1%" wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It did seem to help "slightly-slightly" But it made my red marks look 10x worse(prolonged the healing process of them) It kinda stung me, but it went away. After 2 monthes of no great improvement I stopped using it.