Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Currently using "Skin wisdom daily care - all day hydrating moisturiser" that i buy at tesco.

I would like to try something else though to see if it would make a difference.

Any reccomendations? Would prefer to be available from tescos for ease.

thanks

right now im using t-zone daily skin balancing moisturiser with zinc for oily skin which in my opinion is quite good, nice smell and absorbs nicely into my skin. one bad thing is that it makes my skin shiny, i got it from asda so you probly should find it in tesco. next time im thinking of trying Clean and Clear Oxygenating Ultra-Light Moisturizer.

Currently using "Skin wisdom daily care - all day hydrating moisturiser" that i buy at tesco.

thanks

i get the simple moisturiser...which is really good for my skin! doesnt make me oily too much. id recomend that

As Laura says, I would definately recommend the 'Simple replenishing rich moisturiser', as it says on the bottle. Its available in most UK supermarkets, definately Asda and Tesco anyway.... doesnt feel greasy or make your face shiny either, ive been using it for 3 months now. Just as good as the Eucerin product, but a hell of alot cheaper..

Oh btw, if any UK people want a good face wash, 'Simple moisturising foaming facial wash' is great, and cheap!

As Laura says, I would definately recommend the 'Simple replenishing rich moisturiser', as it says on the bottle. Its available in most UK supermarkets, definately Asda and Tesco anyway.... doesnt feel greasy or make your face shiny either, ive been using it for 3 months now. Just as good as the Eucerin product, but a hell of alot cheaper..

Oh btw, if any UK people want a good face wash, 'Simple moisturising foaming facial wash' is great, and cheap!

i got the simple moisturiser but havnt used it yet cuz my old one isnt finish but i keep hearing good things about it so i cant wait :dance:

people is it actually called 'simple replenshing rich moisturiser' like is this what i look for in the shops??

I started off a year ago using simple foaming wash and both the rich and light moisturisers, both made my skin too oily and I never got properly clear.. possibly using too much

dirtydirtyharry, are you from UK? if you are, where did u get ur cetaphil from?

i assumed u from UK cause i have exactly same jojoba oil as u lol

I would recommend avoiding the 'Hydrating Light Moisturiser'. I checked the ingredients and noticed it contains liquid paraffin as a major ingredient. This is a known pore blocker. I recently made the mistake of using e45 moiturising lotion thinking that it was doing a great job of moisturising my skin only to break-out terribly. It was then I noticed the liquid paraffin ingredient.

The Replenishing Rich Moisturiser looks ok tho!

thanks

I thought Eucerin was one of the favourites of the UK peeps on this board?

You should see if you can buy Dermol 500 over the counter. I think you can, but not 100% sure on this. The bottle I have doesn't have POM (Prescription only meidcine) on it, but rather a P. Not sure what this means, maybe that it can only be purchased from a pharmacy? Anyway, it comes in a pump dispenser and has 500ml of Dermol 500 in it. It can be used as a soap substitute or a moisturiser.

You should see if you can buy Dermol 500 over the counter. I think you can, but not 100% sure on this. The bottle I have doesn't have POM (Prescription only meidcine) on it, but rather a P. Not sure what this means, maybe that it can only be purchased from a pharmacy? Anyway, it comes in a pump dispenser and has 500ml of Dermol 500 in it. It can be used as a soap substitute or a moisturiser.

I think a lot of people do use Eucerin here, but it doesn't agree with everyone's skin. And it's quite expensive. I'm all for buying cheaper products if they work on your skin the same as expensive ones.

You can buy Dermol 500 Over The Counter in the UK:

http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/details.asp?productid=DE5L500

However, I did notice that it contains liquid paraffin, which I believe will block pores. And it contains Isopropyl Myristate which, according to Acne Detective, has a massive rating of 5 on the comedogenicity scale! Yikes! So it's probably not a recommended product.

Helen

i asked cetaphil if they supplied the uk. they were very helpful and said you can order it direct from them, i have the info somewhere but i can't find it. it's like 6 pounds for the 500ml and free p +p !! i don't know if there still doing this though but sounds pretty good to me! best guess is to email them from the website and ask xxx

i asked cetaphil if they supplied the uk. they were very helpful and said you can order it direct from them, i have the info somewhere but i can't find it. it's like 6 pounds for the 500ml and free p +p !! i don't know if there still doing this though but sounds pretty good to me! best guess is to email them from the website and ask xxx

ur body cant get immune from topical antibiotics as not enough goes into your blood stream.

please try and think about what you are going to say before you post, as some people (who dont know) may take what you write as correct information.

im not having a go, just wanted to say that lol

ur body cant get immune from topical antibiotics as not enough goes into your blood stream.

please try and think about what you are going to say before you post, as some people (who dont know) may take what you write as correct information.

im not having a go, just wanted to say that lol

I would recommend avoiding the 'Hydrating Light Moisturiser'. I checked the ingredients and noticed it contains liquid paraffin as a major ingredient. This is a known pore blocker. I recently made the mistake of using e45 moiturising lotion thinking that it was doing a great job of moisturising my skin only to break-out terribly. It was then I noticed the liquid paraffin ingredient.

The Replenishing Rich Moisturiser looks ok tho!

I was told by a qualified doctor that....'your skin becomes immune to the antibiotics in the solution over time therefore rendering it less effective.' And from my experience this is true, my acne got worse the longer I used them.

And yes, I was thinking before I posted which is why I posted what I said. So maybe YOU should go back and think before you post in future cos you were having a go. Have you ever used Zineryt and Clindamycin? I can say after a years experience of using the stuff that it's crap.

Please read the fifth paragrath down: :surprised:

Oral and topical antibiotics