Orange Mayonaise

Paste

Cooked Spinach

Limburger Cheese

Dirt

Poison Ivy, you'll regret this one

Cows Milk

Egg whites

Egg whites enter the blood stream directly and your body see this as an invader so goes into a defensive mode etc etc I cba explaining it all.

WOW I did not know that about egg whites! Can someone else confirm this please? I thought I was doing a good thing by eating those! :doh:

Cows Milk

Egg whites

Egg whites enter the blood stream directly and your body see this as an invader so goes into a defensive mode etc etc I cba explaining it all.

Egg whites?

That's junk talk.

WOW I did not know that about egg whites! Can someone else confirm this please? I thought I was doing a good thing by eating those! :doh:

Nah... eggs are perfectly healthy... yolks and whites.

Nah... eggs are perfectly healthy... yolks and whites.

exactly

In order of preference:

processed foods;

sugar;

diary; and

wheat.

The first two because they have little nutritional value and this would be good advice for anyone, not just acne sufferers. Diary because there is some evidence to suggest that it can aggravate acne. Wheat (especially white flour products) because alot of acne sufferers identify it as a problem. However, I suggest this as someone who didn't really cure my acne having made these changes, and quite often people need to do alot more in terms of cutting out certain food and adding back in certain other food and supplements and doing cleanses before diet really works for them. In addition, most people seem to acknowledge that no one diet will work for everyone.

1. Dairy (there is some research to back this one up)

2. Foods high in iodine (anything with iodized salt - salty snacks, fast food, etc; sushi - because of the fish and especially the kelp; dairy is also high in iodine; multivitamins that are high in iodine). There is also medical research that backs this up too - there is a thyroid med that is high in iodine that often leads to acne breakouts, even in people not prone to developing acne. Here is a link to an article on this topic:

http://tribes.tribe.net/no-more-acne/threa...b6-f0e74be1425a

3. Peanuts - not sure about the science behind this one, but seems to pop up often on the messageboards as something that makes people break out. And it is also on the list of foods to avoid that I got from my esthetician (she specializes in treating acne)

Seriously, just avoid food altogether. There are so may contradicting views on "what to eat, what not to eat" etc on these boards it's not funny.

Actually, it is funny.

Eggs are actually made up of teeny tiny acne causing aliens called "smoozzles". They seek to take over the world by making everyone in it get acne by eating them, then using their remote mindcontrol powers on a vegan... who will be so attractive by compairison to the toad people they intend to turn the rest of us into, s/he will immediately be elected supreme ruler of earth... and then they will rule us with an iron fist.

Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. This forum is overwhelmingly populated by isolated psuedo-intellectuals who will declare as proven fact that cheese causes acne because they had a breakout after having a slice of pizza that one time back in high school. Someone show this man those "kidney stone" threads for lord's sake.

Someone show this man those "kidney stone" threads for lord's sake.

If you mean liver flush threads... No one's ever really tried to say it's scientifically backed, or has any type of clinical research to back it. If you read my threads about it, I'm always careful to say that, and careful to say that regardless of how it works, people have cleared up from it, and sorry to say but the placebo effect is not capable of clearing cystic acne.

By the way, there's some good scientific research to suggest that cheese causes acne in some people.

I'll agree that egg whites are perfectly fine and the notion that the body sees it as a foreign invader and attacks it is pretty pseudo-scientifical. Kind of like the Wai propaganda that heated proteins are toxic.

Kind of like the Wai propaganda that heated proteins are toxic.

She is not completely wrong though

Direct hight temperatures denature proteins and produce toxic byproducts

Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. This forum is overwhelmingly populated by isolated psuedo-intellectuals who will declare as proven fact that cheese causes acne because they had a breakout after having a slice of pizza that one time back in high school. Someone show this man those "kidney stone" threads for lord's sake.

Lets not make sweeping generalizations here. The foods I mentioned (at least the dairy and the foods/suppiments/med high in iodine) have scientific research backing them up. As to the peanuts (as I noted) I am less sure about that, but I qualified my statement so people know this. There are a few studies that show a link between dairy and acne, and it has been known for quite some time that medications and vitamin suppliements high in iodine can induce acne even in people who are not prone to it - its not much of a stretch to apply this to foods that are very high in iodine. The peanuts seem to be commonly mentioned on these boards as being problematic for people, and my esthetician who specializes in treating acne has also said to avoid peanuts and peanut products.

Kind of like the Wai propaganda that heated proteins are toxic.

She is not completely wrong though

Direct hight temperatures denature proteins and produce toxic byproducts

I believe Wai says that by denaturing the proteins it makes them near impossible to digest / utilize?

"No one's ever really tried to say it's scientifically backed, or has any type of clinical research to back it."

Actually they did... of course their "evidence" were sites funded by the quack that invented that bullshit and is wanted for homicide as a direct result of their idiot practices.

"No one's ever really tried to say it's scientifically backed, or has any type of clinical research to back it."

Actually they did... of course their "evidence" were sites funded by the quack that invented that bullshit and is wanted for homicide as a direct result of their idiot practices.

Link to the thread so we know what you're talking about?