Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
birdie29

My face greases up in no time!

Hey all,

Just started the regimen last morning and by 5pm my face was really greasy more so then before i started. Is this a bad thing? I use clearasil 3 in one, panoxyl 2.5% and eurecin 5% eurea.

Do you think i should carry on with the moisturiser? I have not been bothering in the evening only the morning.

I must say at the moment my acne is not worse but just concious of a shiny head!

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

You should still moisturize. It can actually help you be less oily by keeping yr skin balanced.

You should still moisturize. It can actually help you be less oily by keeping yr skin balanced.

Problem I've had with such a solution is oil would STILL make its way through the moisturizer. Afterwards your face is practically a grease bucket.

I've heard the explanation mentioned on here before -- the oil glands under your skin kick into higher gear with the presence of moisturizer. I'm inclined to believe it from personal experience.

Dont moisturize. You produce enough oil to do the job. Why slather on more gunk. Big misconception the skin is compensating... the oil is pumped out in same amounts. BP doesnt make it produce more ...its topical it cant get deep into the sebaceous glands to alter them.

When I started CSR I had the same problem - lots of oil by midday or when I wake up in the morning. Don't worry - stick with it - and your skin will slowly adjust to the BP and start producing less oil. I'm several weeks in and it's a non-issue now for me.

Im gonna have to stop the moisturiser now. within 2 hours i was far too greasy and had 50+ little white heads developing. ill see how bp goes.

Acne takes way longer than two hours to develop. Perhaps those little whiteheads aren't acne but an allergic reaction to something.

Cam >B)

Im gonna have to stop the moisturiser now. within 2 hours i was far too greasy and had 50+ little white heads developing. ill see how bp goes.