Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Necromancer

Doomsday, The Apocalypse, The End of the World

I have always wanted to see the end of the world during my lifetime. It can come any way it wants as far as I'm concerned, but the more dramatic the better. It can come through war as in a chain of nuclear bombs, or through chemical warfare where most of the world's food supply get contaminated and the living dies off exponentially through disease. What would be really cool is to have an asteroid or other space object come slamming into the earth and just blow this place up.

If you think about it, wouldn't it make your life so much more worthwhile? I mean to live during such an event would give your life more meaning and make sense that you were born and died during the Earth's greatest times and it's ending. Why weren't we born years before, hundreds or even thousands of years before this time? Are we really living in the best age of the Earth?

Who else feels this way and wants to see the world end during their lifetime? I have talked to friends and they feel the same way.

:ghost:

I have always wanted to see the end of the world during my lifetime. It can come any way it wants as far as I'm concerned, but the more dramatic the better. It can come through war as in a chain of nuclear bombs, or through chemical warfare where most of the world's food supply get contaminated and the living dies off exponentially through disease. What would be really cool is to have an asteroid or other space object come slamming into the earth and just blow this place up.

If you think about it, wouldn't it make your life so much more worthwhile? I mean to live during such an event would give your life more meaning and make sense that you were born and died during the Earth's greatest times and it's ending. Why weren't we born years before, hundreds or even thousands of years before this time? Are we really living in the best age of the Earth?

Who else feels this way and wants to see the world end during their lifetime? I have talked to friends and they feel the same way.

all i can say is: FUCK NO.

maybe we are fighting whatever we are fighting now so our future children won't have to. shouldnt we want a better life, just for that?

why hope for destruction, when you can hope for a solution?

all i can say is: FUCK NO.

maybe we are fighting whatever we are fighting now so our future children won't have to. shouldnt we want a better life, just for that?

why hope for destruction, when you can hope for a solution?

I am trying to put things into perspective of what is known and what is believed. All a person really knows is what has been told by others. This teaching develops individual theories and thought and then creates invention. But lets put yourself as the only thing that you know. You have no control of anyone else. Your children are just product of what you were to your parents and so on. In the end, we are born alone and we die alone. There is no one with us the moment we die. We enter nothingness or the next stage by ourselves at a point.

Having the world end in one big catastrophe would be fitting for those that don't want to die alone. To have it all gone at once would make sense and then would put meaning in what life really is about.

In the end, we are born alone and we die alone.

but there is so much in the middle of birth and death---there is LIVING.

which is why i wouldnt want to die tomorrow, and why i wouldnt want the world to be destroyed tomorrow.

In the end, we are born alone and we die alone.

but there is so much in the middle of birth and death---there is LIVING.

which is why i wouldnt want to die tomorrow, and why i wouldnt want the world to be destroyed tomorrow.

That is one way of putting it. Would you also agree that the moment we are born is also the moment of our death. I say this because once you are born, the rest of life is just surviving and delaying the inevitable. For example, take it from a food/water perspective. If you stop doing both, you will be dead within a few days to a week. Thinking it of it like that, I would say we are not living, but just dying.

That is one way of putting it. Would you also agree that the moment we are born is also the moment of our death. I say this because once you are born, the rest of life is just surviving and delaying the inevitable. For example, take it from a food/water perspective. If you stop doing both, you will be dead within a few days to a week. Thinking it of it like that, I would say we are not living, but just dying.

you're one of those the-glass-is-half-empty people. i guess i just see each day as another day to live, instead of another chance to die.

Lifes a bitch and then you die.

Why ruin it for everyone else? its not like you're going to be living in it. Besides even if the world ends the universe continues.

We're specks of matter in a great mass of existence.

I think its pretty arrogant to hope for the appocalypse to satisfy your selfish desire to control fate.

We die then we die. personally i think its better to concentrate on just living no?

Why ruin it for everyone else? its not like you're going to be living in it. Besides even if the world ends the universe continues.

I think its pretty arrogant to hope for the appocalypse to satisfy your selfish desire to control fate.

We die then we die. personally i think its better to concentrate on just living no?

I think a person could make their life a lot more better if they knew the exact time and cause of their death the moment they were born. People wouldn't procrastinate like they do and every day would be a lot more meaningful. People who don't die of natural causes would know how much time they had to achieve something and would use their time to their maximum capacity. How can you concentrate of living when you don't know the day you will die? You will just wind up delaying your goals until you are living no more.

I think a person could make their life a lot more better if they knew the exact time and cause of their death the moment they were born. People wouldn't procrastinate like they do and every day would be a lot more meaningful. People who don't die of natural causes would know how much time they had to achieve something and would use their time to their maximum capacity. How can you concentrate of living when you don't know the day you will die? You will just wind up delaying your goals until you are living no more.

maybe life isnt all about "achievement" and using your time to "maxiumum capacity" but rather enjoying.

hmmm. thats actually an interesting perspective

maybe life isnt all about "achievement" and using your time to "maxiumum capacity" but rather enjoying.

No kidding, it's more enjoyable if you don't know. All that would do would force people to get married younger and start sprouting out kids before their ready. I imagine there would be a spike in crime as one reached their termination point too.

No kidding, it's more enjoyable if you don't know. All that would do would force people to get married younger and start sprouting out kids before their ready. I imagine there would be a spike in crime as one reached their termination point too.

I see what you mean by this. However, I think it will be far the other way around. People would not live in regret. They would be happier knowing they didn't say, "I'll do it next time" or put something off for later. People would concentrate on making every day count. If they are in school, people would try to finish earlier, study harder, and try to get into their careers faster. Athlete's would train harder knowing how much time they really do have left.

I feel there will be less criminal activity. Knowing the exact time of your death would lead people who would have been criminals into other positive areas of life. Who would want to spend their life in prison when you will wind up counting your "wasted" days away.

Overall, I think knowing your death will create a better society and better life overall for the entire population in general. It would possibly lead people to try to exceed their potential as some would try to beat the system and beat death and do things they never would have thought possible if they didn't know their death.

so people would do things quicker, doesn't mean they'd be happier.

It's all irrelevant, considering it's impossible.

It is actually more possible than most people think. The Human Genome Project is supposed to map out every possible gene in the human DNA structure. Knowing this information will give scientists information on exact diseases and problems with newborns as well as information on their expected/common health weaknesses/risks. Knowing this information, the scientists could average out what the expected lifespan is for that person with that exact DNA structure and gene structure. They could then develop when and why a newborn will die.

Guest Michael Jackson

wouldn't matter to me, i was never really alive

the world will end in 2036, or at least there's a damn good chance it will... go ahead, ask any astronomer...

If this is true, I will be happier than ever. What is the reason they say? Thanks for replying!

I dont want to see the world end but I sure want to see 99% of humanity and all life getting whipped out and nuclear reactions kill you too fast, cant even see any ending so not that.

Guest No Pride

To all of us who have been alone and unloved our whole lives, the answer is really clear. Yes, I want the world to fucking die and I want to be right under the nuclear bomb. That way, all the superficial assholes, religious idiots, fucking whackos, violent animals, crazed loonies, etc. etc. finallly get whats coming to them. And the rejects and outcasts of society stricken out because of their looks finally are able to get out without having to kill themselves in shame.

I want the world to fucking die and I want to be right under the nuclear bomb. That way, all the superficial assholes, religious idiots, fucking whackos, violent animals, crazed loonies, etc. etc. finallly get whats coming to them.

so what about the people that arent in any of those categories? which is more then half of the population...

hell yeah to the end of the world. everyone would be so horny. plus, i dont want to die wondering whats gonna happen after. even better would be to live through an apocalyptic scenario and be part of the group of people smart and capable enough to survive, then start a new society.

what is your favorite end of the world scenario? mine would definitely be ZOMBIES! i would kick so much zombie ass. zombies would ensure the weak and stupid die off because cmon you've seen the movies, who gets killed by a brainless, slow-moving corpse?

I don't think I would like to experience the end of the "world"(do you mean earth?). There is so much fun things to do that I haven't done enough of yet or done at all. I probably could make a list consisting of several pages.

Reminds me of this song by Tool:

Eye on the the TV

'Cause tragedy thrills me

Whatever flavor it happens to be, like...

"Killed by the husband"

"DROWNED by the ocean"

"Shot by his own son"

"SHe used a poison

in his tea...kissed him goodbye"

It's my kind of story

It's no fun 'til someone dies

Don't look at me like

I am a monster

Frown out your one face

But with the other

Stare like a junkie