Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amandakay_6

I have a question about fruit...

After doing some research on the acne diet link, I've changed my diet to a certain degree. I've been cutting out breads and sweets, and replacing them with lean meats, veggies, and fruits. Sorry to get a little graphic, but I have to eat A LOT of fruit to be somewhat regular in the bathroom department, if you get my point. I was just wondering if you could eat so much fruit that it ends up hurting your skin in the end? I know that in low carb diets fruit is sort of a "no-no", so does that mean that it should be the same for an acne diet? I thought I had full freedom to eat my heart out on healthy things, but I'm not seeing great results at this moment. I will say that I've went from large pimples to smaller, easier to handle, ones. I just feel like such an idiot when it comes to diet and acne! How many servings should I have a day of fruit? Three to four? I hate that I have to think about such small things while I have friends that could eat pizza three times a day and drink soda as their only liquid and still not have a pimple. I don't know if there's something wrong with me? Could I have a larger physical problem? Something wrong with my digestive system? Could all the years of junk food cause me to never be clear again? Blah, this is difficult!

First of all to start any diet I am suggest everyone to do body cleanse such as liver flush , colon cleanse and fasting (If sure u havent done yet than it time to do asap)

Diet changes often result in constipation, this is no surprise. Try eating more fiber-rich fruits like figs, dates and prunes before you eat the other fruits.

I bought this stuff called "Colon Clenz" (It's herbal) from GNC a few days ago but I'm sort of afraid to use it. It said on the front that it was "gentle and dependable", but then I read the back and it had all kinds of warnings which makes me a little paranoid. I'm going to try it this weekend and see how it goes. If I don't like the product, I may try a different brand or method. If anyone knows a super great product that will clean out your system plus tell me! I'm really new to a lot of this stuff!

I agree with Melfice about doing a cleanse first which I just figured out myself.

I am using Triphala recommended by R.S and its an internal cleanser, i believe its perfectly safe and natural, so you might want to give it a try.

I'd say keep fruits to 5 a day max. That's just my silly little recommendation. If you want more one day, don't sweat it if it's not hurting you.

My two pennies. As far as I understand most of the bad rap for fruits is unwarranted. I'm probably getting 60 to 75% of my calories from fruits and never felt better. In my opinnion fruits are pretty much the perfect food for humans. You just have to remember to eat them alone so that they can move thorough the stomach quickly. Otherwise they just sit in the tummy and ferment there. Also avoid combining sweet fruits with fats.

Fat slows down the absorbtion of sugar from blood. So eating fruits after you have eaten fats would spike up blood sugar levels, and it would look like that the fruits are the bad guys. I have no scientific research to back this up, just my own experience. So don't ask any links.

After doing some research on the acne diet link, I've changed my diet to a certain degree. I've been cutting out breads and sweets, and replacing them with lean meats, veggies, and fruits. Sorry to get a little graphic, but I have to eat A LOT of fruit to be somewhat regular in the bathroom department, if you get my point. I was just wondering if you could eat so much fruit that it ends up hurting your skin in the end? I know that in low carb diets fruit is sort of a "no-no", so does that mean that it should be the same for an acne diet? I thought I had full freedom to eat my heart out on healthy things, but I'm not seeing great results at this moment. I will say that I've went from large pimples to smaller, easier to handle, ones. I just feel like such an idiot when it comes to diet and acne! How many servings should I have a day of fruit? Three to four? I hate that I have to think about such small things while I have friends that could eat pizza three times a day and drink soda as their only liquid and still not have a pimple. I don't know if there's something wrong with me? Could I have a larger physical problem? Something wrong with my digestive system? Could all the years of junk food cause me to never be clear again? Blah, this is difficult!

Eat more fruit than Veg if you can, only snack on fruit if your hungry, you dont nesscesarily need 5 servings of fruit or wtevr a day, its just bettr to snack on an apple say instead of a bar.

You should look into LOW GI DIET - that way your NOT Limiting carbs which is dangerous.

Eat Complex carbs instead of simple - flour, white bread etc

Even tho simple sugars are in fruit its better because of fruits nutritional value

Have half a plate of veg for dinner, 1/4 protein, 1/4 complex carbs! .... try have protein with every meal (lean protein - chicken, turkey)

The idea is to keep your insulin levels steady and avoiding spiking your blood sugar levels, which in turn creates more androgens (male hormones) thus screwing up ur face :( Protein and (GOOD) fats slow down digestion which helps with keeping insulin levels steady - thus helping hormones - YASMIN will on "mask" the symptoms and will prob eventually clear your skin but the min your come of it it will come back with a vengence..you can prevent this tho by making sure to eat healthily (LOW GI) so Yasmin isnt masking the symptoms..just my opinion anyway :shifty:

Im doin really well since i staretd GI DIET and dumped all face washes :D im sure the Yasmin BCP im on wont be long about kicking it, but im still eating GI way coz i feel much bettr and have MUCH more energy!

Your friends will soon enough suffer, you on the otherhand can turn ur life around now and prevent diabetes too ;)

www.gidiet.com <<heres a link to check out :)

Like i said you should eat more veg than fruit if you can manage, try porridge and fruit for breakfast its DEEEEELISH :D

Then for a snack WHOLEMEAL pitta and chicken or wholemeal bread and baked beans.

For dinner LEAVE OUT POTATOES LEAVE OUT POTATOES LEAVE OUT POTATOES...did i say leave out potatoes ??! :doh: lol have double servings of veg instead, then a 1/4 of pasta and fill the other 1/4 of plate with lean protein - chicken :)

You wont regret your new diet plan!...just make sure your not "punishing" yourself to get like 3/4 servings of fruit everyday..its only to snack on in place of something sugary if your HUNGRY!

Pm me anytime hun if ye need help, we seem to be in similar situation ;)

Take care

~* Starrybabe *~

Most of the time I eat fruit at the end of my meals just to replace something sweet (in other words junk). Sometimes I just eat fruit as a snack to keep me from getting a head ache between meals. I think I will start eating fruit either before a meal or hours after. Also, I'm going to try to eat more veggies, even though I'm not too crazy about a lot of them. Yes, potatoes are evil when it comes to acne and diet, too bad they taste so good! As a college student I find it very difficult to eat healthy; everything comes between two pieces of bread, has cheese all over it, and comes with a serving of potatoes.

Hi.

I don't know about fruit hurting your skin...sorry. As far as your friends being able to eat anything pimple free- everyone is differnt. We all metabolize food differently, digest food differently, etc. Some have allergies, some don't... Maybe they have the worst cholosteral but you just can't see it.

It has been my experience that adding essential fats into your diet will help you immensely in the bathroom department as well as doing really great things for your skin health. I've also read that oil helps with the absorbtions of nutrients when eaten with whole foods. One thing I've also realized is that the oils work best for me eaten raw- uncooked. Added to fruit smoothies, over veggies, on bread and over salads. When the oils are cooked, I don't get the same bathroom effects. I'm sure there is some scientific reason but this is just from my own observations.

My favorite oils to add to my regular diet are olive and virgin coconut oil as well as eating fresh avocado.

The other really yummy bathroom helper are nuts and they are full of great oils too! Almonds and walnuts are my absolute fav! Yummm! I eat walnuts in my salads and in my oatmeal. Delish!

Hope you get to the "bottom" of your problem...pun half intended ;)

~mi

My two pennies. As far as I understand most of the bad rap for fruits is unwarranted. I'm probably getting 60 to 75% of my calories from fruits and never felt better. In my opinnion fruits are pretty much the perfect food for humans. You just have to remember to eat them alone so that they can move thorough the stomach quickly. Otherwise they just sit in the tummy and ferment there. Also avoid combining sweet fruits with fats.

Fat slows down the absorbtion of sugar from blood. So eating fruits after you have eaten fats would spike up blood sugar levels, and it would look like that the fruits are the bad guys. I have no scientific research to back this up, just my own experience. So don't ask any links.

ive heard the opposite of what you said about fats spiking blood sugar levels.. wouldn't the fruit alone do this and the fat would slow the digestion so that this wouldn't happen... If you eat fruit all day with no fat you will eventually get diabetes.. could someone clear this up??

QUOTE(sepsi @ Oct 6 2006, 04:14 AM) *

ive heard the opposite of what you said about fats spiking blood sugar levels.. wouldn't the fruit alone do this and the fat would slow the digestion so that this wouldn't happen... If you eat fruit all day with no fat you will eventually get diabetes.. could someone clear this up??

I know that there is so much confusing information floating around the net when it comes to diet. I've also read many 'authorative' sources in the natural health field bashing fruits.

I've pretty much decided to quit listening to the so-called experts and see what works for me. Scientific studies can be easily doctored to show whatever the researcher/funder wants them to show. So I don't put too much weight on them anymore.

Anyways, beck to fruits. As far as I understand the fiber in fruits slows down the absorbtion of fructose. That should make sure that the blood sugar levels don't spike. So fruit juice would be bad, but fruits eaten as whole should be ok.

The only thing I can say for sure is that I've never felt better than now eating mostly raw fruits and veggies. If I eat cooked food for too long I usually get a pimple or two, but once I get back to raw stuff they vanish pretty much the next day.