Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Infinity06

Time To Give it Up

Hey Guys, I'm sure as many of you know from my constant posting I've been on the CSR for about a month now and I must says its been hell for me.

The first two days I did the reigme I didn't apply Moustirzer, and you know what I didn't break out once in them 2 days, it was perfect I thought I was dreaming at points, I couldn't believe my luck, so I decided to do the regime as I should and apply moustrizer, and here I am today with 2 cystic acne lumps on my cheek, something I've never had before, and also I have lots of tiny little bumps on my forehead.

I'm in total tears if I'm honest, I vist my girlfriend next week and already I've had the pitty comments from people asking me if I've been in a fight, I've had a half day at work bcuz of this, I just don't think I should continue with the CSR despite it only being a month, Developing Cystic Acne is going to far now, I've had bad spots during this but I still kept going but I think its time to draw a line on this one. I dunno what it is thats done it, personally I think its the Moisturizing lotion, my skin doesn't take well to Moiustrizers.

I bought Cetaphil off ebay

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion - Non Comedogenic, Freagrance Free, 16 FL OZ (473 mL)

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Hudrogenated Polyisbutene, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Nut Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane (and) Stearyl, Panthenol, Farnsol, Nezyl Alcohol, Phenoxythanol,Acrylates/120-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodum Hydrozide, Citric Acid.

I dunno if this is the cause of not.

Hey Guys, I'm sure as many of you know from my constant posting I've been on the CSR for about a month now and I must says its been hell for me.

The first two days I did the reigme I didn't apply Moustirzer, and you know what I didn't break out once in them 2 days, it was perfect I thought I was dreaming at points, I couldn't believe my luck, so I decided to do the regime as I should and apply moustrizer, and here I am today with 2 cystic acne lumps on my cheek, something I've never had before, and also I have lots of tiny little bumps on my forehead.

I'm in total tears if I'm honest, I vist my girlfriend next week and already I've had the pitty comments from people asking me if I've been in a fight, I've had a half day at work bcuz of this, I just don't think I should continue with the CSR despite it only being a month, Developing Cystic Acne is going to far now, I've had bad spots during this but I still kept going but I think its time to draw a line on this one. I dunno what it is thats done it, personally I think its the Moisturizing lotion, my skin doesn't take well to Moiustrizers.

I bought Cetaphil off ebay

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion - Non Comedogenic, Freagrance Free, 16 FL OZ (473 mL)

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Hudrogenated Polyisbutene, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Nut Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane (and) Stearyl, Panthenol, Farnsol, Nezyl Alcohol, Phenoxythanol,Acrylates/120-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodum Hydrozide, Citric Acid.

I dunno if this is the cause of not.

I'm debating too but maybe try to not use the moisturizer I think I may do that too, try out a few things before giving up, also how long have you been on?

I personally like the moisturizer but if thats the reason don't give up the BP, which they say is the most important part of the CSR. My pimples from whiteheads have gotten worse too. I kind of feel my condition was better before too.

I've been on the CSR for a month now. Just seing 2 huge cytistic ance on my cheeks kind of hurt me both physcially and more improtantly emotionally. :(

I've been on the CSR for a month now. Just seing 2 huge cytistic ance on my cheeks kind of hurt me both physcially and more improtantly emotionally. :(

I know try to hang in there I have the same situation happening to me, maybe this is normal and part of the routine?

Guest Michael Jackson

get accutane and save yourself the trouble of doing this every morn and night with limited results

Accutane isn't always the answer considering the side effects. I had the same problem though. I had extremely mild breakouts and started getting huge, red, painful cyst-like lumps. I questioned it, but they do go away and now my skin stays clear and smooth. You have to understand when starting the regimen that it takes time (@ least 3 months for most) and you have to be patient.

cetaphil moisturizer has been known to break a lot of people out. sure, you could give up now, or you could switch moisturizers and try that. either way, i hope you get better, cystic acne is just really bad.

Guest Michael Jackson

Accutane isn't always the answer considering the side effects. I had the same problem though. I had extremely mild breakouts and started getting huge, red, painful cyst-like lumps. I questioned it, but they do go away and now my skin stays clear and smooth. You have to understand when starting the regimen that it takes time (@ least 3 months for most) and you have to be patient.

back pain or constant low selfesteem and strict routine that has to be followed?

accutane is what i am hoping to get tommorow even though i have been on csr for over a year.

Accutane has more side effects than just back pain. I'm not saying no one should use it, but it is something that needs to be considered very carefully.

Guest Michael Jackson

Accutane has more side effects than just back pain. I'm not saying no one should use it, but it is something that needs to be considered very carefully.

I know it does, but if acne really bothers you, accutane is the only option in my opinion.

Accutane is only for severe, nodular acne, so if it's not that bad you can't get a prescription first off. Secondly, yes, acne is a horrible blow to the self esteem, but there are many serious risks and side effects with this medication that it should not be taken lightly. Here is from the medicatin guide for accutane:

What are the possible side effects of Accutane?

Accutane has possible serious side effects

·Accutane can cause birth defects, premature births, and death in babies whose mothers took Accutane while they were pregnant. See "What is the most important information I should know about Accutane?" and "What are the important warnings for females taking Accutane?"

·Serious mental health problems. See "What is the most important information I should know about Accutane?"

·Serious brain problems.Accutane can increase the pressure in your brain. This can lead to permanent loss of sight, or in rare cases, death. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber right away if you get any of these signs of increased brain pressure: bad headache, blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, or vomiting. Also, some patients taking Accutane have had seizures (convulsions) or stroke.

·Abdomen (stomach area) problems. Certain symptoms may mean that your internal organs are being damaged. These organs include the liver, pancreas, bowel (intestines), and esophagus (connection between mouth and stomach). If your organs are damaged, they may not get better even after you stop taking Accutane. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber if you get severe stomach, chest or bowel pain, trouble swallowing or painful swallowing, new or worsening heartburn, diarrhea, rectal bleeding, yellowing of your skin or eyes, or dark urine.

·Bone and muscle problems.Accutane may affect bones, muscles, and ligaments and cause painin your joints or muscles. Tell your prescriber if you plan vigorous physical activity duringtreatment with Accutane. Tell your prescriber if you develop pain, particularly back pain or jointpain. There are reports that some patients have had stunted growth after taking Accutane for acneas directed. There are also some reports of broken bones or reduced healing of broken bones aftertaking Accutane for acne as directed. No one knows if taking Accutane for acne will affect yourbones. If you have a broken bone, tell your provider that you are taking Accutane. Muscleweakness with or without pain can be a sign of serious muscle damage. If this happens, stop takingAccutane and call your prescriber right away.

·Hearing problems. Some people taking Accutane have developed hearing problems. It is possible that hearing loss can be permanent. Stop using Accutane and call your prescriber if your hearing gets worse or if you have ringing in your ears.

·Vision problems. While taking Accutane you may develop a sudden inability to see in the dark, so driving at night can be dangerous. This condition usually clears up after you stop taking Accutane, but it may be permanent. Other serious eye effects can occur. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber right away if you have any problems with your vision or dryness of the eyes that is painful or constant.

·Lipid (fats and cholesterol in blood) problems. Many people taking Accutane develop high levels of cholesterol and other fats in their blood. This can be a serious problem. Return to your prescriber for blood tests to check your lipids and to get any needed treatment. These problems generally go away when Accutane treatment is finished.

·Allergic reactions. In some people, Accutane can cause serious allergic reactions. Stop taking Accutane and get emergency care right away if you develop hives, a swollen face or mouth, or have trouble breathing. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber if you develop a fever, rash, or red patches or bruises on your legs.

·Signs of other possibly serious problems. Accutane may cause other problems. Tell your prescriber if you have trouble breathing (shortness of breath), are fainting, are very thirsty or urinate a lot, feel weak, have leg swelling, convulsions, slurred speech, problems moving, or any other serious or unusual problems. Frequent urination and thirst can be signs of blood sugar problems.

Serious permanent problems do not happen often. However, because the symptoms listed above may be signs of serious problems, if you get these symptoms, stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber. If not treated, they could lead to serious health problems. Even if these problems are treated, they may not clear up after you stop taking Accutane.

Accutane has less serious possible side effects

The common less serious side effects of Accutane are dry skin, chapped lips, dry eyes, and dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds. People who wear contact lenses may have trouble wearing them while taking Accutane and after therapy. Sometimes, people’s acne may get worse for a while. They should continue taking Accutane unless told to stop by their prescriber.

These are not all of Accutane’s possible side effects.

Guest Michael Jackson

i've read it all. I don't care about that stuff, can't be any worse than what acne has done to me, with the blood tests you are fine. Read the side effects for most medicines and they will give you a scare.

I realize all meds have side effects, but serious mental problems may not be worth it to some people. I only posted because you said it was worth back pain, and if yr gonna suggest it to someone then they should know the seriousness of the medication. You may not be worried about it, but they might be or might have a family history that puts them more at risk than yrself. It may seem like the only option to you, but to someone like me it's not even a consideration. It's different for everyone, but they should be informed.

I realize all meds have side effects, but serious mental problems may not be worth it to some people. I only posted because you said it was worth back pain, and if yr gonna suggest it to someone then they should know the seriousness of the medication. You may not be worried about it, but they might be or might have a family history that puts them more at risk than yrself. It may seem like the only option to you, but to someone like me it's not even a consideration. It's different for everyone, but they should be informed.

:clap:

Infinity06,

Please consider hanging in there. It can take up to 3 months or so to get consistent clearing. KeiFujo gave some good advice and her experience was similar.

Your products are fine, be sure you are using the full amount of BP and be super gentle.

If you feel the moisturizer is part of the problem, you can always try a different one. I'm really liking Moisturel and Lac-Hydrin Five. Both are oil-free and non-comedogenic. And both have felt good on my skin and not caused any problems.

Infinity06,

Please consider hanging in there. It can take up to 3 months or so to get consistent clearing. KeiFujo gave some good advice and her experience was similar.

Your products are fine, be sure you are using the full amount of BP and be super gentle.

If you feel the moisturizer is part of the problem, you can always try a different one. I'm really liking Moisturel and Lac-Hydrin Five. Both are oil-free and non-comedogenic. And both have felt good on my skin and not caused any problems.

Thanks for all the comments stated above, I've got nothing else to hide now my face is a mess, so I'll hang in there for a little longer. I usually have oily skin or I did so in my school years, Can someone give me an indication as to what Mourstrizer to try?

I've orderd NHFS Spf 15 on the net too, Any points in the right direction?

I had the same problem. At first I didnt use moisturizer and my acne started going away. Then my face got real dry so I used cetaphil... ( :naughty: bad idea I broke out like crazy). What I did is I hung in there with the dry face :lol: and then in like 3 weeks my face got used to it and I had no active pimples just redmarks.. I bought neutrogena healthy skin face lotion and I started putting it on every other day and my marks are fading away rather quickly and ive only gotten 1 pimple but thats due to hormones. Oh and by the way I NEVER apply moisturize at night, it makes me break out for some reason :wall: so try to play around with the csr and see which way works best with you.... its working for me and I'm so happy ( I finally went outside today with NO MAKEUP :dance: ) I started CSR on sept 1, 2006

Thanks Brandy, Do you know where this product can be purchased? Perferbly online. :)

drugstore.com has it

you can also find it at Walgreen

I had the same problem. At first I didnt use moisturizer and my acne started going away. Then my face got real dry so I used cetaphil... ( :naughty: bad idea I broke out like crazy). What I did is I hung in there with the dry face :lol: and then in like 3 weeks my face got used to it and I had no active pimples just redmarks.. I bought neutrogena healthy skin face lotion and I started putting it on every other day and my marks are fading away rather quickly and ive only gotten 1 pimple but thats due to hormones. Oh and by the way I NEVER apply moisturize at night, it makes me break out for some reason :wall: so try to play around with the csr and see which way works best with you.... its working for me and I'm so happy ( I finally went outside today with NO MAKEUP :dance: ) I started CSR on sept 1, 2006

Thats really uplifting news for me, thanks. And you apply the CSR every day? 2 times a day? Could you breifly brake down as to how your regiem works?

Thats really uplifting news for me, thanks. And you apply the CSR every day? 2 times a day? Could you breifly brake down as to how your regiem works?

Ok this is the way it works for me...

MORNING:

1. Wash face with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

2. Wait 15+ minutes for my face to dry

3. Apply Neutrogena on the Spot Acne Treatment

After those steps I continue to get dressed etc.....

NIGHT:

Do the same steps as the ones listed above

I used cetaphil as part of the regimen but it just messed up my face even more so I stopped using it. Like once a week or so my face would be real dry so I had to pump the cetaphil once and try to apply little dabs on the parts of my face that were really dry ( I would try not to put all the lotion that came out of that one pump )

Last week I added step #4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion with spf 15

I apply the lotion on my face once a day in the morning and then I wont apply the lotion the next day. So I basically I put it on every other day and I NEVER PUT THE LOTION ON AT NIGHT.

I never let my face touch the pillow at night...

One last thing I do but it might not be good for you to do is I wash my face 3 times a day... and so far so good :dance: (knock on wood)

My face really cleared up in a month, the funny thing is that now my so called "friends" are telling me what they really thought of my face when it was bad. Last week my friend was like "Oh my God your face is clear!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you... I didnt want to say anything before but your skin was nasty before. What are you doing different are you using Proactive?" If that wasnt bad enough this lady I know came up to me and she kept staring at my face and when I asked her why she was staring she told me " Your skin is completely healed, you dont have anymore acne!!!!!!!!!!!! She said that real loud in front of all my friends :redface::doh:

so anyways I'm done preaching :lol: I wish you all the luck in the world and just try to hang in there to see if this actually works for you ;)