Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
davejones

I stink at swallowing pills.....

im considering taking accutane because nothing seems to work for me....

i suck at swallowing pills, i can only swallow really small ones. Would it be the same if i crushed up the pill or does it need to be swallowed? thanks

They are gel pills, you can't crush them. And the gel inside is acidic, you need to leave it inside the capsule so it doesn't contact your mouth or esophagus and burn you. They are not real big and are pretty easy to take.

Mix the pill (whole) in with food, so when you swallow your food your pill goes down with it. If you can swallow food you should be able to swallow the pills one at a time at least.

this is going to sound wierd, but this is what I do to swallow large pills... I pop the pill in, and then take a decent sized sip of water.. then I put my pointer finger across my nostrils partially blocking them off.. I have no problems swallowing the pills. Maybe I'm just a freak, but that works for me and I'm not even sure why I started doing it. lol. It's worth a try atleast I guess!

so do i... i dont know what u could do in the case of accutane or how big they are.

the ONly pill i can take whole is my birth control and they are SOO tiny. i haev to cut up normal advils in to about 5+ pieces.. SO SAD

im always terrified its going to get stuck in my throat (sometimes it does) im just weird

you could put it in yogurt, i find that helps make it go down.

For me, taking pills is SO much easier when you have already eaten. Your throat is coated in saliva and food bits (disgusting, I know) and then you don't feel like the pill is getting caught in your throat. Just much easier to handle than taking it, for example, as soon as you wake up in the morning when your mouth is still dry.