Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerglings200

ANYONE use concealer?

thanks!!

what is the difference between a foundation and concealer?

http://www.everydayminerals.com/shop/prod_80.html

here are the free samples..but i dont know what to choosed...so confusing><

what are those warm and cool mean??? summer cool? summer warm...

what are they?

and for the concealer choices..what are they..finishing dust? spring concealer?

help><

what are those warm and cool mean??? summer cool? summer warm...

what are they?

and for the concealer choices..what are they..finishing dust? spring concealer?

help><

The best way to figure out if you're warm or cool is to look at your skin with no makeup in natural sunlight. If you place a white sheet of paper at an angle against your skin you will be able to see if you have pink or yellow undertones. Pink would make your skin -cool. Yellow would make you skin-warm. I tried this and could no for the life of me figure out what I was and my friends laughed at me cause supposedly its super easy. What I did was I found some gold wrapping paper and silver wrapping paper I had from Christamas place my hand on top of the gold and snapped a picture then snapped a picture with my hand resting on the silver. In the photos you will notice right off the bat which one of your hands looks better on which paper. On the gold my hand looked pale and sickly. On the silver my hand looked normal which means i have -cool undertones. I don't use EM's finishing dust because it has corn starch in it and that isn't good for my acne. It's meant to be a powder used at the end to set your mineral foundation and control oil. I'm waiting for the new finishing dust they're currently working on that won't contain any corn starch :dance:. The sprin concealer tends to be lighter whereas the multi tasking concealer imo provides better coverage. I hope that helped.

Kaya

Dermablend concealer, and Mineral powder to blend and set it.

I don't use foundation. The powder is good enough to blend the concealer in........

3 foundation

1 concealer

Yeah, but how many times can you order it? :P

Oh.. That warm/cold stuff. I think I have a yellow undertone, but I'm not really sure :P

I'm quite tanned, if that makes any difference? xD

I would always try and get samples etc first as I tried mineral make up but it made my pores appear huge, other people online seem to have this problem too. It's hard to find a balance between good coverage but without making your skin texture look worse aghhh make up is so annoying!

Lancome Magicmatte? Is good so is Ultima II Wonderwear they'll both cover marks completely however the key is to pat it w/ ur finger don't rub.

If you want to cover up the red marks and try and keep the rest of your skin clear my reccomendation put some bp on the area so it doesn't flare up agian buy a green [green cancels out red] and ur shade concealer from mac then buy a fine point brush and apply the concealers only on your red marks then finish with a finishing powder from dermalogica or bare minerals

I just read that it's not recommended to use a green cream! (That cover thing, that is supposed to cancel the red color.)

It'll make you look ghost-ish and pale.

Btw, do you think you could help me out on which undertone I am? Coz to be honest - I'm LOST!

Would it help if I threw in a picture?

ya..threw us a picture..i cant help u coz i am very newbie to the make up thing LOLXD

but what the green concealer is suppose to spot treat on the red marks then u use ur skin tone foundation and concealer cover on it...

so u wont look paleish...correct me if i am wrong~! ^^

Now, I've ordered it anyways, and I just found out that there is a mineral make-up dealer in my town!

Well, I found this quote on a danish site:

"DU SKAL IKKE BRUGE GRØN! Grøn bruges af kunstnere på et lærred; på huden giver det en grå, spøgelseslignende farve."

Translated:

"DO NOT USE GREEN! Green is used on a kanvas artists; on your skin it gives you a grey, ghost-ish color."

And that would be WITH the make-up. I can giev a link, though you probably won't understand what it says :P

http://www.janeiredale.dk/index.asp

I hate this.. Well, I ordered my samples, as I'm planning on using it on.. THURSDAY! I'm pretty sure it won't get here in time, so I probably have to go to some shop... Which I hate.

I'm so ashamed, and very, very shy, insecure, embarassed and actually scared of going places like that. I found a mineral make-up dealer, and I intend to go and buy some stuff. I'm just scared :(

Dunno if I could get my mum to go with me. I don't have good friends to bring - too embarassing.

Sigh.. I hate this.. I'm going to a ball/dance whatever you'd call it, and I want to look my best! (At least a little more representable ;))