Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmoothLover

A.J Reed, A suicide attempt left his face Destroyed!

I know that sometimes our scars make us feel so depressed and after trying soooo many treatments/products without success we feel lost, frustrated, guilty sometimes, and even more depressed. We wonder why we have to go through this pain and suffering. Why is it me! ? Why I can't have a normal life! ? Some people are stronger than others and can over come this psychological and physical situation. But not everybody has the same attitude.

Yesterday I watched the Operah Show about suicide attemps and there was this guy A.J. Reed who felt so depressed because of family problems and decided to end his life. He shot himself with a gun (pointing his head) and it destroyed his face. When the paramedics arrived they were very shocked. They couldn't believe. They said it was a terrifying scene! A guy lying on the floor, with no nose, no chin,no mouth and his eyeballs by his ears. The paramedics thought he was dead. Yet all of a sudden this guy (unconsciously) started moving and touching his destroyed face trying to wonder what he had done.

After 18 MAJOR SURGERIES, with a desfigured face and wearing ocular prothesis AJ Reeds appears on Operah show to inspire depressed people and teach us the true meaning of life.

He said : " BEFORE WE WALK WE HAVE TO CRAWL, MAYBE I'LL CRAWL A LITTLE BIT LONGER THAN THE REST, BUT I'LL WALK AGAIN "

He also thanked God for being alive and having been given another opportunity. He said, "I didn't want to die" , "I asked God to give me a chance" "Had I died, someone would have suffered even more"

NO matter how depressed we feel, there is always hope and let's find more reasons to live a happy life.

AWESOME! Thank you for posting this!

I saw the show too and it was inspiring. I also wondered how AJ had perfectly flawless skin, LOL but he did have disfigured mouth, eyes, etc. It really is attitude towards life, and many of them said it was a christian attitude that saved them.

I saw part of that and wondered how he shot his nose and mouth up like that? If u are trying to kill yourself wouldnt u aim the gun at the side of your head or put it in your mouth.

That was one of the most depressing shows I have seen in ages.

Thank you for posting.

I'm in my 40's and my scars, which I developed in my 30s really dont devastate me but I know that the younger you are, the more impact it has. But every person has a purpose in his or her life and if we're all wrapped up in our scars and that's all we can ever think about, we'll never know what that purpose is. I'm glad this guy found his.

I'd like to see what he looks like.

He didnt look totally freaky considering everything. There was also a lady on that show that got her legs cut off from trying to kill herself by laying on the traintracks.

There is a lady I new from high school that tried to kill herself by jumping off a bridge. she did it over a guy that broke up with her when she was younger. Shes like 45 and in a wheel chair from landing on rocks and not dying.

What AJ says is so true. From Oprah website.

To people, especially teenagers, who think that suicide is the answer, AJ begs them to reconsider. "If we just step back and strive towards tomorrow, it will get better," he says. "And the day after that will be better than the day before. So never give up. You don't know how many people you're going to hurt by leaving them behind."

Warning: This is a long winded post.

When you think you are at the end of the rope, you must believe things will get better in time, or at least, you will become stronger.

Before my full face dermabrasion in 2005, I was a strong person that never in a million years thought about commiting suicide. 5 months post op, I realized my pigment was destroyed for good, constantly red and will be permanently demarcated from my neck.

The constant humiliation from people at the work place was poisonous and overwhelming. I thought about changing job but I could not stand appearing in public, let alone going to an interview. I seriously considered commiting suicide, but there was no fail safe way to die, and although I have insurance my loved ones would still struggle financially in the long term.

Fast forward to present, although the damage from dermabrasion is still prominent and I still get laughed at, I am glad I did not kill myself. To a degree, I have learned to ignore little minded people and pay attention only to those important to my life and career. These people all have higher EQ and have no problem accepting me.

The old strong go-getter part of me has returned with a vengence. I work in the same company, earned a promotion and drive a faster car. Instead of interviewing for another job, I now interview candidates for my department, some of which will work in the team I lead. I am no Bill Gate but I will continue to strive for success and practise enjoying life with loved ones despite all odds. Had I killed myself, I would have missed all that.

Thanks.

What AJ says is so true. From Oprah website.

To people, especially teenagers, who think that suicide is the answer, AJ begs them to reconsider. "If we just step back and strive towards tomorrow, it will get better," he says. "And the day after that will be better than the day before. So never give up. You don't know how many people you're going to hurt by leaving them behind."

Warning: This is a long winded post.

When you think you are at the end of the rope, you must believe things will get better in time, or at least, you will become stronger.

Before my full face dermabrasion in 2005, I was a strong person that never in a million years thought about commiting suicide. 5 months post op, I realized my pigment was destroyed for good, constantly red and will be permanently demarcated from my neck.

The constant humiliation from people at the work place was poisonous and overwhelming. I thought about changing job but I could not stand appearing in public, let alone going to an interview. I seriously considered commiting suicide, but there was no fail safe way to die, and although I have insurance my loved ones would still struggle financially in the long term.

Fast forward to present, although the damage from dermabrasion is still prominent and I still get laughed at, I am glad I did not kill myself. To a degree, I have learned to ignore little minded people and pay attention only to those important to my life and career. These people all have higher EQ and have no problem accepting me.

The old strong go-getter part of me has returned with a vengence. I work in the same company, earned a promotion and drive a faster car. Instead of interviewing for another job, I now interview candidates for my department, some of which will work in the team I lead. I am no Bill Gate but I will continue to strive for success and practise enjoying life with loved ones despite all odds. Had I killed myself, I would have missed all that.

Thanks.

All my admiration and respect to you sword.

Excellent post! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

This sounds like a very sad story and could possibly help people to not b so depressed. But honestly when I think of other peoples hardships or see other people who have it worse than me it does't help me to feel any better about my own situation or b thankful that I have what I have.

Excellent post!

SmoothLover,

Thank for telling us about AJ and for your kindness. (Now where is the smilie for cheering with a beer?)

Optimistic,

During my darkest days my pychologist, family doctor, friends and family all tried in vain to convince me things will get better, because I just couldn't picture it getter any better. I gained some perspectives by reading accounts of people surviving and not backing down from life adversities.

Christopher Reeve said in a success seminar in Portland, Oregon, February 2001

"As the old saying goes, you better know what you want because you might get it and you've got to accept it. Whether you succeed or whether you encounter adversity, you always have to believe in your worth as a person. That's what counts."

I believe I can make positive differences for myself and others. I hope you believe the same about yourself too.

I saw part of that and wondered how he shot his nose and mouth up like that? If u are trying to kill yourself wouldnt u aim the gun at the side of your head or put it in your mouth.

That was one of the most depressing shows I have seen in ages.

He wasn't able to get it to the side of hit head because he was using a double barrel shotgun.

On a lighter note I think its about time there shud be a dating site for depressed people. It is like negative plus negative equals positive.

i totally agree. i am on a depression website and although its nice to be around people who are depressed too, the relationships are often filled with issues and end quickly.

On a lighter note I think its about time there shud be a dating site for depressed people. It is like negative plus negative equals positive.

Tbh you should be emotionally stable before you enter a relationship. They work better when someone isn't using the relationship as a crutch. Two depressed people is a recipe for disaster.

Absolutely. Say you were depressed, and then entered a relationship with someone who struggled with depression, only to find out later that he or she has worse depression issues than you do. It's sad, but that other person would bring you down like quicksand. The key is finding a place in which you find yourself fulfilled and content, then adding someone to your life to enrich it. And possibly enrich his or hers.

Two people with those sorts of issues do not make for a happy relationship. Been there, done that!

look what happend to Kurt Cobain, he was suffering from depression.

Michael jackson was also depressed.

man i've been going through a rough time my ex split about a year ago out of the blue and that video really does make me feel better i guess thats a sad thing